Cracks on upper shell

Reaction score
Hi. I noticed these cracks on the upper shell just below the left rear motor. Structural or cosmetic only?
1529138177151.jpg
1529138185186.jpg

Won't take it long to get worse so watch,I would order a new top shell for it,so you not stuck when it happens,high vibration area ,few posts lately of glue that you can use,just have a search ,I unsure on that,I melted my p4 plastic with glue that to strong so me not advise what to use for that,but try find something just to keep it from traveling ,I would just for safety not pull to many hard turns etc that would stress it out even more,,

Repaired both upper and lower shell cracks over a year ago and still holding. Won't melt plastic but is a solvent type cement which means it welds the crack and won't peel away.
Can you share any photos of your repair? It would be helpful to see the size of the cracks you fixed and the end result.

Reactions: MythicalFlyer
Can you share any photos of your repair? It would be helpful to see the size of the cracks you fixed and the end result.
Yes I will. Might be a day or so to get to it. It will show the extent of the horrible cracks (Many) and what it looks like now. I've flown this particular drone over 1 1/2 years after the fix and check it constantly for new cracks (Found a couple on new areas not previously glued). I'll post them as soon as I can get time to remove the prop guards (That grealty help in reducing cracking, but with a bit of added weight) so I can photograph the repaired area's.

How do prop guards reduce cracking?
They re-inforce the bottom shell motor mount area. The motor mount bolts Cannot break free through the added plastic. Also, it doubles if not triples the thickness in that very important spot.

Temporarily repaired the cracks with glue and so far so good. Have done about 10 flights since and it seems to work.
What type of glue? ( Intently waits...)..

This is one of my P3P's I had extensive cracking on. It's since been flying well over 1 1/2 years without issue. I check the repaired cracks constantly for new cracks, and so far no new breaks have been observed. I had used Gorilla epoxy on the inside before I found the solvent type cement. But I did use the cement on the outside. It may not look pretty, but who's gonna see it waaay up there?..
P1060874.JPG
P1060850.JPG
P1060851.JPG
P1060852.JPG

Attachments

• P1060870.JPG
    P1060870.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 242
Hello i have phantome 4 advance and i can’t update Its failed can you help me

Attachments

• AECD7AF8-8160-4FB5-A8FD-2E855B125D21.jpeg
    AECD7AF8-8160-4FB5-A8FD-2E855B125D21.jpeg