Cracks on the battery cases

Reaction score
Yesterday I decided to take advantage of the great weather and go flying. When I took the batteries out of the case I noticed Hairline cracks in the shell. Has anyone else noticed this?

One of my batteries was involved in an automobile crash three years ago and came out of it with a crack or two in the plastic casing. I have been flying it ever since with no problems at all. I suggest you keep your eye on them. If the battery eventually goes weird somehow, chuck it at a battery recycle place such as Best Buy.

Reactions: xmtrdr
Yesterday I decided to take advantage of the great weather and go flying. When I took the batteries out of the case I noticed Hairline cracks in the shell. Has anyone else noticed this?
I had the same problems, I read some old reviews about batterie, and looks it’s a factory problems about the heat inside the drone can’t dissipate in the best way !!! Check here for Battery Cracks ?

Reactions: xmtrdr
Two of my batteries developed cracks in the face around the lights, I put some epoxy on them and they are doing just fine!
Thank you for your help, I do it that, but also has cracks both side of the screws and one spring with problem, so I need to find some cover case to replace it.

Yes, I have hairline cracks in the area of the LEDs on both of my batteries. Initially, a year ago I noticed the cracks on one battery but then the cracks appeared on the other one too. The plastic in the area of the cracks appears to be slightly raised as though there has been pressure from the inside. I wondered whether this was caused by the batteries going into the programmed slow discharge while inside the foam case. When I open the drone case as the batteries are discharging I can sense that it is slightly warm but the batteries certainly do not feel hot. My batteries both seem to be operating perfectly so I haven't been unduly concerned.

I suspect that it would be more sensible to store the batteries at 50% charged and then charge to 100% before setting off to fly. However, I so rarely get decent flying weather that I recharge the batteries straight away in the vain hope that another opportunity to fly might present itself in the following days.

All the best, Martin

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj