Cracked Phantom 4 Smart Batteries

Reaction score
My Phantom 4 is 2 years old and has never been in a c
dronebatter.jpeg
rash, yet both smart batteries have developed what looks like stress cracks.
The cracks are almost identical on both batteries. Has anyone experienced this issue. The batteries hold a charge but I'm not sure they are safe to fly.

Reactions: DKG13CC
This looks a bit like swelling to me due to improper maintenance. I would not fly with that, especially with all the P4 battery dislodges that have been occurring. Just IMHO.

Mine are cracked like that. As long as your batteries are not swollen, glue it and fly. I have been flying mine for 6 months with no problem. Just make sure they are seated well before flying.

Reactions: Sixgun89
Mine are cracked like that.
Hmmm....This makes me wonder if this is a latch stress issue with the P4's. This is the first I have seen of the cracks, but it would capitulate the issue of dislodges, if this in fact were the case for the others.

That is a known issue. It is caused by the spring for the latches which is why they both cracked the same.
If still under warranty I think DJI will replace. If not, don't worry, battery is fine.

Reactions: Sixgun89
That is a known issue. It is caused by the spring for the latches which is why they both cracked the same.
I knew the latches were an issue but this is the first I have seen with the case cracks. That very well could be a contributing factor to the multiple battery dislodges that have been around.

If still under warranty I think DJI will replace. If not, don't worry, battery is fine.

Yup AeroMirage is spot on. I had it happen to 2 of mine and DJI replaced them under warranty, in the meantime don't worry about them.

Glue the crack and don't press so hard on the lock buttons, you are bottoming the springs and applying too mutch pressure on the battery case and causing the crack. Push just enough to clear the battery lock tabs to the craft. Once the battery is in the craft gently giggle the battery to ensure the tabs are locked and you should be good to go.

Reactions: Loz
Thanks for the feedback.
The batteries are working fine and are staying charged which Is more than I can say for the controller battery that is not charging more than about 70% and cannot hold the charge overnight. I have had the drone for over a year so it is out of warranty, but I will contact DJI to see if they can help.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michello