CPU Overload Warning

Reaction score
Hi

I am used to getting many warnings from my Phantom 3 Standard, but this weekend I experienced a new one; 'CPU Overload' on my iPad Mini 1. Yes, I know you are not meant to use an old iPad Mini with the Phantom, but that is all I can afford for now.

It happened after I flew 1/2 a km away (the maximum legal distance in my country.) I imagine the distance somehow increased the amount of data flowing back to the iPad, and caused it to overload.

My main concern is, can the app crash and literally disappear from the iPad screen due to 'CPU Overload,' or does it just cause a lag in the video feed etc?

As a precaution, I practised using the S2 switch on the remote control to initiate a 'Return to Home.' This means if the app ever crashes whilst my drone is barely visible due to being a considerable distance away, it will still fly home.

Usually CPU overload will heat up the processor and make it stop eventually. App resides in memory so it will be ready to CPU to use but that will not happen until CPU cools down.

RC will work even if iPad goes down and you can get your drone back.

I'm flying the phantom 3 pro just got an iPad mini 3 and got the CPU overload warning. The live feed gets interrupted a lot. Can anyone help me figure out why ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers