Couple questions

Reaction score
I am a newby and just purchased a phantom 4. I have taken about 1000 feet away but then got scared when it started to go out of site.
How far away can you fly a phantom 4 before it loses connection.
If it loses connection, will it come home automatically?

There are various settings for failsafe RTH when connection is lost, please ensure you set it to return back. Also set safe RTH height based on the surrounding trees and other obstructions.

I would suggest practice within 1000 feet first and also learn how to use radar on go app. In case you lose sight of your bird , you can always set the correct direction of the bird and pull it back to home point. Learning radar is very helpful in such cases.

If the RTH is set properly to return home instead of hover, it will come home provided the home point has been recorded at take-off. This guy in Hong Kong flew 7km

Keep in mind that there may be restrictions on flying without visual line of site with your aircraft so be sure to check your local regulations.

Reactions: grino21
Afraid, your mind is telling you something. Listen to it and you will fly much safer. You need more practice so you will feel more confident. In your mind, make up emergencies and how to respond to them at close range. It will also make sure you are not missing anything that would cause a problem. Fly in atti mode/ sports mode till you are confident. Happy flying.

If you are feeling this insecurity really need to go to the basics start watching a bunch of YouTube videos reading the manual’s and all of that good stuff!

Reactions: grino21
Grino21: Being scared is good. Complacency is one of the worst things in life.

Something to bear in mind if you were to trust the drone to RTH automatically is potential objects. Pre-set the height so it would initially rise well above any trees, buildings, mountains, etc that might be between you and the drone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl