Could Phantom 1.1.1 Naza etc be used to build a 550 etc?

Reaction score
Hi,

Could you use the Naza, GPS, maybe even other parts like the TX and RX from a DJI Phantom v1.1.1 to build a cheap F550 or similar? TBS Disco etc?

Thanks,

Dave

davemcm said:
Hi,

Could you use the Naza, GPS, maybe even other parts like the TX and RX from a DJI Phantom v1.1.1 to build a cheap F550 or similar? TBS Disco etc?

Thanks,

Dave

Yep, the parts are definitely transferrable and that's one of the great things about the Phantom. It's a tight integrated package but it uses entirely standard multirotor components.

Two caveats - the separate leg-mounted compass and unprotected GPS module are going to be a pain to collectively deal with, and you'll need a PMU unless you want to transfer the mainboard along with the other components.

ElGuano said:
davemcm said:
Hi,

Thanks,

Dave

Yep, the parts are definitely transferrable and that's one of the great things about the Phantom. It's a tight integrated package but it uses entirely standard multirotor components.

Two caveats - the separate leg-mounted compass and unprotected GPS module are going to be a pain to collectively deal with, and you'll need a PMU unless you want to transfer the mainboard along with the other components.

Cool, think i'm moving towards a TBS Discovery Pro now, would the TX/RX from the Phantom be able to be used on another quad build too? I know i should get a good TX anyway, but is it possible?

Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl