Corrupting SD card? "You need to format the disk before you can use it"

Reaction score
Hello,

I have had an issue lately with my phantom 4 pro, after a day of collecting images I return home and try to remove the images from the SD card by copying and pasting them on my PC desktop. It usually works for 5-10 photos then I get a pop-up warning "You need to format the disk before you can use it" and every time I insert the disc after that I get the same warning. I am able to run a recovery program and retrieve the images usually. I am wondering if it's the drone doing something to the SD card causing this issue or something else. It should be noted if I format the disc pre-flight it makes no difference from what I can tell, and I have tried several different cards and different brands of cards with the same outcome. It doesn't happen every flight but I'd say it happens 20% of the time.

Just be sure the drone is turned off, not just stopped, before removing the card. Otherwise that particular video won’t play. The previous ones, that were completed during shutdown, will play. Just a thought.

If that is the cause, reinsert the card, startup normally. Shutdown completely before removing the card. Hope it's that simple.

Just be sure the drone is turned off, not just stopped, before removing the card. Otherwise that particular video won’t play. The previous ones, that were completed during shutdown, will play. Just a thought.
Yea I don't touch the card until I'm back at the office. By then the battery has been removed for some time.

Reactions: Capt KO

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj