Corrupt video files on SDCARD

So I have two corrupt files that I'm positive that many would like to see. Both are situations where cameras were running in video mode when there was sudden shutdown due to a not fully explained crash and the other is actual flyaway footage.

I've been unsuccessful in getting anything to repair or close the files and since both cameras no longer function, placing the sd card back into the camera and power cycling is not an option.

Anyone willing to take a stab at fixing either of these files for me? We can then post the footage for review by all

phantomguy said:
So I have two corrupt files that I'm positive that many would like to see. Both are situations where cameras were running in video mode when there was sudden shutdown due to a not fully explained crash and the other is actual flyaway footage.

I've been unsuccessful in getting anything to repair or close the files and since both cameras no longer function, placing the sd card back into the camera and power cycling is not an option.

Anyone willing to take a stab at fixing either of these files for me? We can then post the footage for review by all

Share the files and I'll give it a try.

jjwags said:
Thanks - but I thought I explained that I even watch each file completely on my phone before shutting down.

Something else is happening here....
Looks to me the issue is related to shutdowns with open file. By playing it back you open the file as well. Make sure you first stop playing back before the shutdown. Out even better don't play back at all. Just hit stop recording and than power off

I was able to repair the file using Do-It-Yourself Video Repair Software (VRT).
http://grauonline.de/cms2/

The trial version only saves half of the original file, and like a wise programmer he chose to save the first half - not the last half which most of the time has the interesting footage of the crash/drop/bang/boom. The price is not unreasonable - 5 repairs: 29 EUR or 99 EUR for unlimited.

When repairing, it will ask you for a reference movie. You need to chose a reference movie of the same resolution/FPS as the corrupted file. The corrupted movie you shared with me was 720 60 FPS.

How high were you flying?? This looks like footage from an airplane! ;)

phantomguy said:

When you say they are corrupted, what do you mean? Can you see the file on the sd card? Are they just not playing for you? What software are you trying to play it on? And lastly and most importantly did you record it in 1080i 60fps?

I just purchased the repair tool. I would be happy to repair any files for you guys. Just share the files with Dropbox or whatever and PM me.

phantomguy said:

Thanks to D T Shudy for the help. For those following the saga, unfortunately the first clip was cut right before the sequence leading to that crash occurred. So nothing gained from that footage.

Working on the footage from the second incident (flyaway) now..

D_Tshudy said:
I just purchased the repair tool. I would be happy to repair any files for you guys. Just share the files with Dropbox or whatever and PM me.

D_Tshudy,

I just purchased the software myself and cannot get it to repair my Vision+ files. I selected AVCI from the options and it creates a "repaired" file but when I play it it's a static image of the first frame. It never changes.

Thanks for your help

Jack

So I set the "No CTTS repair" option and that fixed the stuck frame but the resulting playback was very jerky and not the typical smooth video from the Phantom. Trying to re-encode now.

mp4repair.org has worked for me on what I considered important videos. Thing is though, they charge you. But it did save 2 very important videos for me that were corrupted due to me cutting the link before turning off the recording. I'd be willing to bet it can fix any mp4 if you are willing to pay the money.

I can confirm the P2V+ is still randomly corrupting video files on the card. This is with latest firmware 3.04 etc.. Before all the "don't turn it off before..." replies, let me state the facts:

- Videos have successfully been recorded and stopped before powering down P2V+
- SD card has been removed and then used in a laptop, successfully viewing just recorded videos
- Once SD card has been re-inserted into P2V+, one/more already existing videos get a timestamp from 31.12.2007 and will no longer play
- Power cycling P2V+ with card inside won't help, also Vision App no longer is able to view ****

DJI can you fix this please.

Only workaround so far, as soon as you've shot anything, copy it somewhere safe.

WyattEarp said:
So I set the "No CTTS repair" option and that fixed the stuck frame but the resulting playback was very jerky and not the typical smooth video from the Phantom. Trying to re-encode now.

I've had that problem too. Uploading the files to YouTube cleans up the jerkiness. They must run it through a repair algorithm too. I don't know of another solution.

Thinking out loud... I wonder if YouTube will automatically repair corrupted files??

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20