P4 Video recording all but useless

Reaction score
Since updating to the latest P4 firmware I decided to try it out a couple days later and flew a short 4 POI Litchi mission in a local cemetery that I frequently fly from. The bird started up and once in the air the Litchi video autostarted and I started the mission. About the time it got to the first POI I looked at the iPad screen and noticed the video had stopped and restarted, counter started back at 00:00. The P4 itself was still flying the mission smoothly with no issues in control.. I then started watching the screen closer and with another minute or so I noticed the video feed blacked out, and then about 1 second later came back on but the camera was in an abnormal position towards the far side of its "power off" range. In the camera view was the forward lower corner of the landing gear. The gimble and camera fluttered around limp a bit then it regained control and centered back up and continued the video recording. As it completed the 9 minute mission these events totaled 7 times...
After reviewing the files on the SD card in the P4 I noticed that the initial date of the starting (1st) MP4 file was the current date and timestamp, however all of the following videos, those that started while flying and having the video problems, all had a date of 12:31:13 at 2300hrs.

The next day I flew it using the GO4 app. While shooting video (manually starting it) it repeated the issue of "rebooting" the video portion of the firmware and I would have to restart the video recording to continue. The gimble would fall loose for a few seconds showing the landing gear in view, and also noticed the exposure was out of sorts and it took a few seconds to get back to normal.

These events have pretty much made my P4 unreliable for filming video so I think I will attempt a rollback to the previous version of firmware and see what's happening.

Is anybody else having issues like this??

I used the screen capture feature of Litchi to record the complete anomaly if anybody is interested in seeing it.

This problem seems to only affect the camera portion of the drone, and not the flight controls.

I don't think you can rollback to the previous version, they removed that option with the new firmware.

It seems like the camera resets in midfligth, stops recording and change to photo mode. I managed to return to video mode and film what was happening. And this is what you see
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Have you checked the litchi way points? Each way point may be programmed to take a pic then film again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic