P3 Corrupt video

Reaction score
P3S has been working fine for 2 years. Iv got 4 cards that have been working fine and dandy. Few months ago during a flight the camera stopped recording after 10 seconds during flight. Started record again and stops after 10 seconds.

Putting the card in the pc to video the files, photos are corrupt and video is more or less a screen shot. It will play the 10 seconds but picture is still

Does this on all 4 cards that have been working no issues. And have formatted them in the drone.
Connections on the camera seem fine too. Over the last month its been doing this and sometimes it will not even take photos. Today it said recording started and shows 30 seconds and stopped.. But when reviewing the video it only shows 5 seconds worth

Put the latest FW on the SD card and put it in to reload it and that didnt help at all

Ideas?

I had a problem like that about a year ago on my P3 s. It was a loose connection with the ribbon cable.I wasn't sure what I was doing then and just pushed in firm on the cable. It worked. Later I took it apart and clamped it in right.

I pushed them all in but maybe not enough.. Was it the 2 black ones of the grey one ontop?
Ill pop them off and reinsert em and hope that fixes it.. If it does there goes my "excuse" to get a mavic

@Muxlow,

Welcome to the Forum!

Tough one, I have learned lately that SD cards can where out, I didn't believe it until it was explained to me.

Yeah, I doubt you got four bad cards. ;)

For sure format them with the app.

If you didn't know, you don't even need the props started to film video, while testing, so test away. ;)

So my actually question / thought, does it do it only while flying?

What does the remaining space display on the SD card when this fails, can you restart the recording, start, stop, etc.

If it stops by itself, does it show that its not recording on the app?

Rod

All 4 are doing this so cant be the cards.

It DOES record and save the video but when playing it back its just a paused video more or less..

Does do this in the air and on the ground

When the video stops recording i can hit the button and will start again and the SD card does show less space.

And yes when it stops it does show it stopping in the app. Tried the DJI and Litchi and same for both

In that case, it would seem all connections are good. It does work when you record as commanded. It seems as though something else is at fault. Possibly camera or app? You need a way to isolate the two, so you can eliminate one.
PS. Maybe your mobile device is full?

Any suggestions on that one?

Im using my old phone with litchi and has always worked fine. On my current phone iv got DJI go and has always worked fine. Now im getting the same issue on both. So ill guess the app is fine.. must be some sort of camera issue?

How would i go about seeing if this thing is dickered? That DJI assistant dont work for the P3S does it¿

Any suggestions on that one?

Im using my old phone with litchi and has always worked fine. On my current phone iv got DJI go and has always worked fine. Now im getting the same issue on both. So ill guess the app is fine.. must be some sort of camera issue?

How would i go about seeing if this thing is dickered? That DJI assistant dont work for the P3S does it¿
"dickered" ?

"Im using my old phone with litchi and has always worked fine. On my current phone iv got DJI go and has always worked fine"

"phone iv" looks like you have iPhone4

You have and use Litichi.

What are your Phone's?

Rod

Reactions: DIVO2000
Blackberry Priv has the litchi and never had an issue with it for the year i used it with the P3. Now using the blackberry keyone and that has also been working fine, have the odd app crash with DJI but very seldom. So the Priv is my main drone device and as of a month or 2 ago this issue has started to happen out of the blue.
Not thinking is phone/app issues.

I did download DJI go on the priv and get same result with video. And the DJI app says iv got the latest FW in

OK, ...
Check out @msinger Phantom help. DJI Phantom 3 Standard Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help
Look for devices that work with good with DJI-Go, I have no clue about BlackBerrys.
I will be watching this thread, but all I have for now. ;)

Since you started this thread, I think if you change the title to P3S video stops using a BlackBerry, or whatever you think fits, you will get much more help. ;)

Rod

Last edited:
Reactions: DIVO2000
P3S has been working fine for 2 years. Iv got 4 cards that have been working fine and dandy. Few months ago during a flight the camera stopped recording after 10 seconds during flight. Started record again and stops after 10 seconds.

By any chance, did you change the video resolution to higher than before? I'd check that, and also try a new faster SD card before digging into the camera.

Reactions: RodPad

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan