Cops trying to figure out what to do about Drones

Funny cause I always said besides any privacy concerns or even any safety concerns the quickest way to see drones outlawed is going to be when some one finds a way to use them to fight goverment corruption and expose tyranny. Then they will be banned.
even if the goverment needs to use a few to commit some false flag terrorist attacks if they think that's what it will take to get the public to support even more further erosion of Americans rights and liberty's IF these cops dont have a legal way to shut people down from trying to use drones to expose there crimes. It wont be long before we hear about one being loaded up with explosives and flown in to a school yard. Then they say but we need to save the children think about the children. Just like the anti gun hype now that the goverment wants to go full blown nuttso on every one if only they can get rid of them pesky guns that could be used if the people are ever pushed to the breaking point to want to over throw the corrupt goverment.

In most of the civilised world citizens use their vote to change government.
Amazing how some people believe that they can stand up to government with a gun.
Here's a clue ... the government controls a lot more guns than you do.

on person cant ever stand up top the government with a gun. But an entire population can as a last resort. and a goverment that knows it can be trusted never has a problem with also allowing a check and balance to them should they ever cross a line were they need to be over thrown. esp when they know they are not going to even want to cross that line. It helps keep a goverment in line if they know they cant just go and do any thing they want with out limits to the people like they can if they know there is nothing that the people could even hope to do about it if they were ever pushed hard enough.

Thats why no dictator has ever been able to have full unfetter power in any place the people were allowed to have arms. Before any dictator or super tyrant can take off there mask and show there true evil side they always need to get rid of the guns first.

Its much easier for an well armed populaces to get rid of a government that becomes tyrannical if they are armed with more then just pitch forks and sticks.

When a government becomes lawless, lawless actions are sometimes necessitated. The United States exists today because of what was, at the time, lawless action.

UAV pilots in the USA could learn much from the recent experience of the American gun rights movement. It is necessary for us to assert ourselves and demand individual freedom to an extent that is reasonably consistent with public safety. By the same token, it is not a good idea to "push the envelope" in a manner which is likely to scare the sheep.

freeskier989 said:
http://www.tmz.com/2014/07/31/drone-flew-over-hollywood-police-department-lapd-drones-law/

Interesting article showing how people's actions might make laws tighter for us all. Also, funny how they are stumped trying to figure out a reason to hassle the operator but can't seem to find a legal cause....

Compliments of the "bonehead" that flys over a police dept... (yea why don't you taunt them a#$%hat!) Solution will be easy - Hollywood will pass a law no flying within city limits with fines. Camera ops out there just got a possible blessing from FAA allowing studios to use UAVs then this clown does this. The majority of us are getting bad press because of antics like this.

As bad as things are getting accost this country as far as police departments starting to become militarized and violating people rights becoming a daily thing in many areas and the norm rather then the exception.

I feel my city must still be relatively uncorrupted and not feeling they have much to hide. Considering not only do the police have no problem whats so ever if I want to fly my phantom over the police department they also have no problem with me Or any one else filming them while they are ever on a police call as long as the person don't physically get in there way or impede them from doing there job. and if you ask them while there is a police encounter if its ok to film it so that its on record. Instead of them trying to smash the persons head in and also trying to smash the camera to make sure there is no evidence of them doing wrong caught on film they instead. Usually say yes please do film then no one can say they did any thing they didn't do. Any time a cop is totally fine with his actions being on camera is when you know they are not even thinking or wishing to do any thing they know they are not supposed to be doing. Its just like what cops seem to always say to citizens if they don't have any thing to hide and arnt doing any thing wrong they dont have any thing to worry about. If the cops in Hollywood don't like some one being able to ever see what they do then they MUST feel they at least have some thing they don't feel comfortable knowing some one might be able to see it and expose it.

Just the other night when I was out flying the police stopped by about a UFO report by some nut bag whos first thought was oh my god its a ufo its a ufo aliens are invading. lol lol and the cop was just there to confirm there first guess which was that it was probably just me or one of the others that have one of these drone things and when I told him that some people had just came up to me and said they were freaked out a few nights before when they were having a poker game at there house and thought it could see threw walls and see them as if any one would even care that they were playing poker. and also told him how the local wantabe gang of punk teens from down the street always tends to clear out and go inside any time I'm flying and how its causing some to walk a lil bit straighter line lately. He chuckled and said GOOD. Keep it up and have a good night and fly safe and have fun. He also commented on how cool they are and mentioned one of the firemen down at the fire house a few blocks away and right around the corner from the PD has one to.

Yes I agree I have had nothing but good experiences with any local authorities and have even been invited to fly at a local ball game and for the local hospital. Now the newspaper is waiting on me to get my bird back so I can shoot some scenery footage for a project they are working on. I think its 99% attitude and 1% UAV if you go about it the right way no one has any problems with it. Keep in mind I dont fly over my neighbors houses cuz honestly I wouldnt want some jerk mounting a camera to a pole and putting it right on the property line looking in to my yard whenever he wanted so I do the same by honoring their privacy. There are plenty of places to fly without attracting negative attention.

lsteigerwalt said:
Yes I agree I have had nothing but good experiences with any local authorities and have even been invited to fly at a local ball game and for the local hospital. Now the newspaper is waiting on me to get my bird back so I can shoot some scenery footage for a project they are working on. I think its 99% attitude and 1% UAV if you go about it the right way no one has any problems with it. Keep in mind I dont fly over my neighbors houses cuz honestly I wouldnt want some jerk mounting a camera to a pole and putting it right on the property line looking in to my yard whenever he wanted so I do the same by honoring their privacy. There are plenty of places to fly without attracting negative attention.

+1 - local police like the idea but Minnesota won't allow PDs to have them because of privacy issues. But I've been approached by local PD to see if I'd be interested "for hire" for missing children, elderly who wander from nursing homes, fire & rescue situations - my reply - "not a problem".

Regardless of criminal laws, statues, and regulations, (or the lack thereof), couldn't civil lawsuits be a concern for drones?

The bird was flown over a supposedly secure compound, what if the people who were videoed were in either protective custody or in a witness protection program and as a direct result of that video being shown on YouTube or wherever those people were tracked down and killed. Just a hypothetical but not an impossibility.

DownunderPhantom said:
The bird was flown over a supposedly secure compound, what if the people who were videoed were in either protective custody or in a witness protection program and as a direct result of that video being shown on YouTube or wherever those people were tracked down and killed. Just a hypothetical but not an impossibility.

not very secure at all!! drone flies in through an open gateway and the wall is barely above car roof height, not exactly secure in any sense of the word. copper with a gun at the end seems to strike fear into the drone though as backs off.. :mrgreen:

i would hope that people being brought in for "Protective custody" arent done so in a place where you can walk up to the fence and simply..look through. LOL

freeskier989 said:
Here is the guy talking with a news agency talking about why he monitors the cops and using the Phantom:

http://youtu.be/75vf1mo-vCg?list=UUsJL3 ... Tvk_PTKAWA

I think it's great that he's trying to use his Phantom to the benefit of his community, but when pressed on uncovering any actual abuse he really had nothing. I would agree that his presents encourages the police to act in a more professional manner.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers