Convert my Aircraft's Registration to Commercial

Reaction score
When I first registered my aircraft, I registered it as a hobbyist. Now that I am Part 107 certified, I would like to change that registration to commercial.

How does one go about doing that?

mTTOeWL.jpg

There is no way to convert. You have to go back onto web site and register as commercial and pay the $5.00 fee. It is screwed up, you can't even change your email address without re- registering and paying the registration fee again.
More government inefficiency!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Remember, you never actually registered your bird as a hobby flier. That registration was for you and the number could be used on as many aircraft as you wanted. Under Part 107, you are registering a specific aircraft and each one gets a unique number (I currently have 2 registered and getting ready to submit the paperwork for the third). BTW, it takes a little longer, but I went the paper route to get "N" numbers for my bird just like those that manned aircraft have.

Reactions: Falcon900
BTW, it takes a little longer, but I went the paper route to get "N" numbers for my bird just like those that manned aircraft have.
Thanks!

I assume that registering a commercial drone online does not give it an "N" number? What does it give...an "FA" number?

Do you have a link to where I can print out the application for a paper registration?

There's some information here if that helps. Don't pay anyone to do it for you. It's quick and easy but there are places out there charging to do it and making it sound like they are doing more than they are.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj