Controller lost communication with phantom 4

Reaction score
Controller lost communication with phantom 4 - had to land - then I powered controller off and back on - communication came back - any similar experiences?

Controller lost communication with phantom 4 - had to land
If that statement is true, how did you land? Your description is too vague for anyone to assist you.

Reactions: rogphantom
Fair point. I have the integrated controller... the DJI app itself stopped working - so the screen lost all contact with the bird - but the flight controls still worked so I was able to land
- by powering the controller off/on the app re-engaged

so the screen lost all contact with the bird - but the flight controls still worked so I was able to land
Better description. This had nothing to do with AC/RC communications. It was/is a device issue. The Phantom will fly fine even without a device of any kind for FPV.

Reactions: rogphantom
So, is there anything I can do except wait for this to happen again?
I am not familiar enough with the Crystal Sky, which is what I presume you are using, to help much there. If this were any other device or an actual signal loss issue, that I could assist you with. I see "lock ups" and/or app crashes quite a bit around here on numerous devices. If for some reason the device gets too hot, overloaded, or under specs with ram, processor speed..etc..etc...those are generally the issues. That controller should meet all specs, so sometimes it just happens I suppose.

I am not familiar enough with the Crystal Sky, which is what I presume you are using, to help much there. If this were any other device or an actual signal loss issue, that I could assist you with. I see "lock ups" and/or app crashes quite a bit around here on numerous devices. If for some reason the device gets too hot, overloaded, or under specs with ram, processor speed..etc..etc...those are generally the issues. That controller should meet all specs, so sometimes it just happens I suppose.

I had that happen yesterday while testing a CrystalSky running the beta Pilot app in local data mode with a Mavic. The aircraft was only around 100 m away and the app disconnected. Closing and restarting the app did not help. I'm still trying to figure out what happened.

I had that happen yesterday while testing a CrystalSky running the beta Pilot app in local data mode with a Mavic.
Lets hope this is not another disturbing "Trend" starting.

You can reset the tablet on the P4P Plus without cycling the controller. There is a thin white power button on the top edge of the monitor. That will shutdown the app, but leave the controller connected.

If it's a P4 Pro+, the integrated controller/monitor, is not a Crystalsky. It's a different monitor altogether, I believe a Samsung of some type. Has 1000 nits of display and looks like the Crystalsky, however I believe it's powered by the controller and doesn't have the large battery that the CS monitors have.

However the issues the OP has described, I have had numerous times with a P4 Pro and 7.5 Crystalsky. Either the app totally disconnects or the video will freeze. You still have control of the Aircraft via the RC controller. But if you are out a ways, it's a bit disconcerting. I have for now quit using the CS on my P4 for longer flights, and dropped back to the iPad.

One other note, the Crystalsky uses a unique version of djigo4, not the same one that is used by standard Android devices. I don't know about the monitor on the Pro +, and the particular version of djigo4. However DJI just released a new Crystalsky firmware which I have installed on my monitor.

Paul Caldwell

If it's a P4 Pro+, the integrated controller/monitor, is not a Crystalsky. It's a different monitor altogether, I believe a Samsung of some type. Has 1000 nits of display and looks like the Crystalsky, however I believe it's powered by the controller and doesn't have the large battery that the CS monitors have.

However the issues the OP has described, I have had numerous times with a P4 Pro and 7.5 Crystalsky. Either the app totally disconnects or the video will freeze. You still have control of the Aircraft via the RC controller. But if you are out a ways, it's a bit disconcerting. I have for now quit using the CS on my P4 for longer flights, and dropped back to the iPad.

One other note, the Crystalsky uses a unique version of djigo4, not the same one that is used by standard Android devices. I don't know about the monitor on the Pro +, and the particular version of djigo4. However DJI just released a new Crystalsky firmware which I have installed on my monitor.

Paul Caldwell

It will be interesting to see if the new firmware fixes the disconnects. I was not running that firmware when I experienced exactly that kind of disconnect, but then I was also not running the Go 4 app, so it's hard to say whether it was the firmware or the Pilot app that was causing the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20