Controller firmware update, advice required please

Reaction score
Got a warning " height and distance limited" ect, took the plunge and upgraded the firmware via Ipad. Complete nightmare, now have really bad live feed. Have tried updating the remote control but the DJI Assistant can't read the firmware version.
The DJI go app reads the current version but even though I select a different version it seems to go through the process of the firmware refesh but the firmware version doesn't change.
How can I get the DJI assistant to read the current firmware on the remote? I am using a MAC, I have trolled the forum. Any help wouild be great

Reactions: davoweiss
With the remote powered and the mobile device connected, in camera view, click the notification banner at the top of the screen (the coloured bar that is usually green) - click on the 1st item and follow the prompts

As Paul ^ has stated, follow his suggestions. I use assistant 2 for FW updates/refresh and the app for RC updates. Tap the banner and you should enter another screen advising you of any updates etc. follow the prompts and you should be good to go.

With the remote powered and the mobile device connected, in camera view, click the notification banner at the top of the screen (the coloured bar that is usually green) - click on the 1st item and follow the prompts
Hi Paul, I can't find any green bar at the top of the screen when connect the RC to the Ipad and in camera view. My laptop won't even recognise the controller when it is plugged in with the Assistant running. My desktop recognises the controller but the firmware refresh doesn't work, can't change the firmware version, stuck on 06. Is there a way to reset / crash the RC firmware to enable new reinstall?
Going to try a windows computer today. Got my first real gig booked for this Thursday and I have bricked my P4!

Hi, the bar may not be green, it normally would be when flying, but in your case, it could be orange, red or grey. It's the bar that says GPS, Atti, Sport or other warnings.
Don't connect the controller to your mac/laptop. connect the ipad to the controller and power up the controller. Open DJI Go 4, enter camera view and look for the bar at top left of screen.

ed225da7f1b81233a5e7806745b6a193.jpg

Reactions: Sluggerdrone
The Ipad recognises the RC, when I plug it in it shows "RC Connected" but when I go to camera view the banner is red and says "Aircraft Disconnected" I open as per your instruction and I get the Aircraft Status menu. The only RC option is the Mode? Should I get a different drop down other than the Aircraft Status?

I’ve been having the same problem as Romen, but I do not see any upgrade options for the RC in overall status. I’ve been searching for about a week now for a way to update or reset the firmware on the RC.

Any other options? I have the same problem with the assistant 2 app on pc not being able to see firmware list. I’m going crazy. The phantom 4 updated just fine through PC.

Attachments

• 8941BAA8-4B6B-4B97-9FDB-B45947DDA9A0.png
    8941BAA8-4B6B-4B97-9FDB-B45947DDA9A0.png
    84.2 KB · Views: 583
  • 360C0456-3887-49B1-8630-BFB088B9E70F.png
    360C0456-3887-49B1-8630-BFB088B9E70F.png
    49 KB · Views: 616
  • AD7DDCD4-9024-459B-882E-EA9C3DD764D6.png
    AD7DDCD4-9024-459B-882E-EA9C3DD764D6.png
    433.5 KB · Views: 625
Hello!

Same problems here :-((( Please helpppp

I am french, my english is not so great so be tolerant ;)
I am strangling with my P4 since a couple of days, and I do not really not how to resolve my issue!

I didnt use my P4 for 2months, and I have been requested to update my firmwar when I switched on my Remote Control. Problem, during the upgrade my cable disconnected and I had a failure.
Ever since, my RC is KO.
I have to phone :

- Iphone 6 : I am able to go in the App, but it seems that I have an Unknow version in my RC and I am not able to downgrade or to reset it.
- Samsung 8, It is worst, when I connect it, It is telling me that I have an Inspire and that I need to download DJI Before P4.

I have attached some screenshot to illustrate my point.
Please help me... I have done every tutorial, and watched videos.. but nothing worked !

Thanks in advance for your help
Hervé

Attachments

• 6.png
    6.png
    181.3 KB · Views: 529
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 441
  • 3.png
    3.png
    246.5 KB · Views: 543
  • 2.png
    2.png
    183.6 KB · Views: 412
  • 1.png
    1.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 473
All I can suggest is carefully read the posts above, I had lots of trouble and stress trying to sort it out. There is nothing wrong with your hardware you just need to persist.

any luck getting the controller back? I downgraded mine through the app and now its doing the same thing as crayoncoptor and herve. I don't use it all the time but I do use it for work and id rather not send it out to dji over a firmware issue... Any suggestions to either get it back to the most recent firmware or how to factory reset the RC?

Sorry about this, got my P4 a week ago and started with a firmware update as it said it was required. Latest DJI Go 4 version, RC overall status says 'Normal' as I have updated that but get green stripes and interference on the camera.

Assume it is a problem between the RC and P4. Thoughts anyone??

Want to get this up and running for christmas as it is supposed to be a present for me and I don't want to spend hour on christmas day trying to work it out.

Thanks all.

Pete

RC is confirmed as latest version via App and P4 update done via Assistant, also confirms on latest version.

petefish, have you tried linking the RC and the drone? I started this thread when I bricked my P4 after firmware update, If you read the above carefully you should get it sorted. Paul Southport and tevek were awsome and helped me sort it. Just take your time and read the posts above.

I'm having this same problem too but my "Overall status" section doesn't show any updates required. The problem started right after I did the firmware update, now my controller has the light blinking red/green and the video is poor. I suspect the controller is out of sync with the aircraft. Is there any way to force an update of the controller?

Sorry about this, got my P4 a week ago and started with a firmware update as it said it was required. Latest DJI Go 4 version, RC overall status says 'Normal' as I have updated that but get green stripes and interference on the camera.

Assume it is a problem between the RC and P4. Thoughts anyone??

Want to get this up and running for christmas as it is supposed to be a present for me and I don't want to spend hour on christmas day trying to work it out.

Thanks all.

Pete
Try firmware updates on an android, it wouldnt update using my ipad mini4 but worked like a charm on my SG7.

any luck getting the controller back? I downgraded mine through the app and now its doing the same thing as crayoncoptor and herve. I don't use it all the time but I do use it for work and id rather not send it out to dji over a firmware issue... Any suggestions to either get it back to the most recent firmware or how to factory reset the RC?
,,gosh I posted this few times this week,lots of remote issues,do this open app and click and hold the 3 lines 5 sec and see what comes up,should downgrade versions there
1512882937356-1652640409.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing