Controller Error

Reaction score
A little over a year ago I bought a new P3Pro. For various reasons (mainly buying a house to rehab) I have not even started the bird yet. This weekend I charged the batteries and was going through the firmware update. I updated the Phantom with no problem - log file said success. I then went to do the remote controller, but when I turn it on, it just flashes red and beeps. The manual gives the very informative "remote controller error" description.

Is there some reset procedure for this controller or am I just doing something wrong? It would really piss me off to have to buy a new remote controller, but since this is over a year old I'm sure DJI won't do anything for me.

Any help would be appreciated!

Stan

Last edited:
Did everything work and hook up ok before you did the update? Really shouldn't have to, but did you try relinking the Controller to the bird? Also, depending on which version of FW you now have on the AC, you may also have to update the RC FW to a newer version.

I didn't try to connect prior to doing update. I just figured it was over a year old so I'd update, then fly it. I was actually attempting to do the RC update when I noticed this. I just got done with the Phantom and had the SD card in a USB adapter plugged into the USB port. Powered on the RC and just got beeping and flashing red light.

I will try re-linking just in case

I didn't try to connect prior to doing update.
Just an FYI for the future - We often tell people that doing this makes it difficult to troubleshoot any issues that may arise should they make the choice to change any FW.

Do you remember which versions of FW were on the RC and AC before you started the updates?

I ask that because if your RC was prior to 1.32 it requires a completely different update process than if it was already on 1.32 or later. Also, there was an encryption change with AC FW 1.8 / RC FW 1.6. If you are not careful with that, you can inadvertently create an encryption mismatch.

You can click here and try to follow those steps closely.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z