Controller Downgrade and FW Update

Round trip 19.000 and 55% battery still left. I flew 9400' and RTH force quad to come back-that's when I got No signal-which is normal due to flying in the city. Downgrading quad helped me with range and transmission signal.

Reactions: Randall Parsons
I'm not getting the same screens. I did do the steps to download the older firmware. However if I go to main DJI go 4 screen there is a green notification in upper left of tablet that says update aircraft software. I click on that and I get a new screen that has a massage in gray box saying downloading. However no indication it is really downloading and has stayed that way for 30 min. I assume I do not unplug cable from rc until downloading is complete and then connect to aircraft.

So I decided to disconnect the rc and plug in the ac. Got the same green update message. Tapped that and now the downloading message is in a blue box. Now to wait.

Last edited:
So I decided to disconnect the economy and plug in the ac. Got the same green update message. Tapped that and now the downloading message is in a blue box. Now to wait.
It would be useful to have the dji go app show progress messages and directions. Like: disconnect cable from rc now and connect to ac. Tap the blue downloading box to begin download.

Last edited:
Thank you! Didn't go exactly as described, probably me I'm sure, but it works now! Now it is dark and windy so will have to try first flight tomorrow. Again thank you! To the newbies, READ the manual! I would have saved myself a lot of anguish!

Hi there.
Looks like I Have really big problem. I have Phantom 4 and my firmware I believe was the latest (I didn't check before unfortunately) . It was problem with disconnecting all the time, or video feed not showing . I decided to downgrade my firmware, but firsly I started with RC (dumb idea). When I started to downgrading, process wasn't able to finish, it showed something like "update failed please retry", but after pushing retry button every time still the same problem appeared and I just let go. But now my RC turns on only pushed power button once, the led is now solid white, and the main problem now is that when I connect my RC with android device (Nvidia Shield K1) DJI GO app since P4 is redirecting me to app before P4 and there text which says: "Current device: Inspire 1". And I can't do anything now, RC doesn't connect to Drone, Can't update or downgrade RC, I can't even open the correct App, because somehow it thinks, that I conected Inspire 1 RC. I tried all restarts and linkings by pressing buttons combinations on RC, nothing changed. I believe somehow firmware from Inspire 1 was installed to my RC instead of Phantom 4.

What can I do? Is it possible somehow to put normal firmware to my RC via PC maybe, without using DJI App, because the correct app doesn't recognize device as it should.

Please help, I need my drone very soon.

Hi everyone ! I'm student in a French Business school and I'm conducting a survey on leisure drones in UK, US and Germany. This survey includes questions on how the ideal drone should be.

It would be very nice of you to take 7 minutes max in order to answer this short questionnaire. Here's the link to the questionnaire : https://junioressec.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_81YzNky3ZD1ks3r

Thank you very much for your help !

If you have any question, don't hesitate to contact me at [email protected]

Is it possible somehow to put normal firmware to my RC via PC maybe, without using DJI App

Absolutely, go to DJI website and you will find DJI Assistant 2 in P4 software download section. It can handle both RC and craft updates.

But how do I have to connect it? Because when I'm using original cable with usb to micro usb, I plug micro usb to RC and usb to my PC, the Assistant program doesn't find my RC. Do I have to connect it with cable with USB to USB and connect My RC via USB port or it should be working with micro usb also?

I will explain my situation with Screenshots, maybe it will be more understandable.

Let's start from the begining..

So, I tried to downgrade my Phantom 4 RC to 1.58 update, but there was no succes, because at some point it stoped and said "Update failed, please retry" (something like this, I don't remember correct phrase). There was a button "Retry", pushed it and upgrade started again from the 0%, but again failed, and it was few times like this - no succes, so I gave up and turned off RC. After I turned on again RC I needed to push power button only once instead of two times like usual and all lights on the RC was solid white. No reset is working, no beeping when pushing those combinations for reseting and linking, nothing, only death. RC beeps only when I turn it off.
When I plug my RC to android device it automatically open DJI GO App 4.0, like usual, BUT, when app opens I get this:
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

App redirects me to older App. And as you can see in the screenshot there is text: "Current DJI Device: inspire 1" what a hell? Why not Phantom 4???
When I open older app, only with inspire 1 I "can enter camera" function, others drones doesnt give me this option, only "how to connect"

And Phantom 4 unfortunately doesn't exist in this list of drones.
Anyway, when I open "camera" and try to look "about" function, I get this:

When I enter downgrading menu, I get nothing in the list:

So, My RC doesn't connect to anything, it just plays dead and don't want to talk with anything at all.
When I connect my drone via assitant 2 I get only one update, which is V01.02.0602 "CURRENT", no other updates visible. Tried Restore factory defaults, nothing changed, still the same update:

Main problem is, now RC and Drone firmwares I think are different and they can't Link together and I can't upgrade anyone of them to the same upgrade. I can't even open the right DJI GO App, because it auomatically redirects me to the other. Drone when turned on flashing yellow light (no linked RC of course). Tried to link RC via DJI app, no emotions from RC. I'm starting to panic.

Any thoughts? Please somebody...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20