Controller Downgrade and FW Update

Reaction score
You must update the craft before you update the controller otherwise you will loose control link and will be unable to update the craft via DJI go

If you update the controller but can't update the craft via Assistant 2 for some reason you can downgrade the RC back to V1.580 as follows

Connect the controller to the Tablet and turn on

On the DJI Go home screen press and hold the Academy (little hat) icon in the top RH corner, you will need to hold this for at least 10 seconds and when you release you should get the below screen

b17fd31e0f1404586ce2dcd806efa777.jpg

This will allow you to select the last FW version and downgrade the controller allowing you to reconnect.

Then FW Update

IOS Process

Turn on Craft and controller and you will be notified of an update is available.

IMG_0125_zpsfk9djkaa.png

Click on the Firmware Requires Upgrade and it will show you the RC Requires Updating at the top, do nothing at this point

IMG_0126_zpsqljdsn9l.png

Wait a few more seconds and it will pop up with the craft requires an update as well

IMG_0127_zpshfnctmd1.png

Click the craft update and it will tell you to return to the main screen, you will see the following

IMG_0128_zpsbiway1oc.png

Click update now and download the update

IMG_0129_zpsads4dlt5.png

I found mine keeps pausing on the download, you may need to turn off your craft and controller at this point as Lightbrige may be interfering with your wifi connection preventing the download.

Once downloaded you will need to connect the Tablet to the craft via the USB cable DJI provided, turn on both the craft and controller, after a short time it will allow you to begin the update

Note this update was silent for me with a craft reboot at 96%, the gimbal may twitch as the update proceeds, all normal.

IMG_0130_zpseviqikwm.png

Once complete turn everything off and then turn on just the controller

Now you will get the RC requires update message on its own this time, Click Download Firmware then update.

IMG_0126_zpsqljdsn9l.png

IMG_0132_zpstnpe7rew.png

Once downloaded and updated you should see RC Upgrade Complete, interesting this part of the rc update again was completely silent.

IMG_0133_zpspm4hrj8l.png

Reboot everything and i got the 'Cannot Take Off' error, it again asked me to update the controller, this time the controller updated again but with the normal update tones we are used to, blue flashing LED as well.

IMG_0134_zpseknx1hmy.png

Once complete

IMG_0135_zps1lwh9ij8.png

Rebooted and everything was up to date and working.

As i said a little clunky at the moment, getting better not not perfect yet.

Thanks for the great set of instructions, if I would have gotten that orange bar telling me to update the aircraft before I got into camera mode that would have prevented the whole problem, they need to work on this whole update order and method

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Followed your instructions and all went well. Thanks for documenting. [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You saved me from the crazy house!! Very good write up and documentation with the screen shots. Thank you!!

Hello, when I try to downgrade my firmware I don't get anything in the box, my remote has a red led when turned on. This happened after I upgraded the firmware.

Hi pls help,iv beend update firmware first on Remote and aircraft was turned on,after update remote it asks reboot was succsesfull installed and i reboot remote and now its not turn on any led no beep,its always a bit hot below and phone in dji go see remote but not works even and cant see aircraft,and downgrade i cant cuz before flash its ask remove prev firwamre i delete it( wat to do? help

Hi pls help,iv beend update firmware first on Remote and aircraft was turned on,after update remote it asks reboot was succsesfull installed and i reboot remote and now its not turn on any led no beep,its always a bit hot below and phone in dji go see remote but not works even and cant see aircraft,and downgrade i cant cuz before flash its ask remove prev firwamre i delete it( wat to do? help

Hi! So you DIDN't read this before starting to put your P4 to fly condition. I did and thank God I did!

Follow the link and search page 13. Then chapter FIRMWARE and section 4 to 5. There is a word " AFTER". Always read manuals first even they are boring! I think you must contact DJI.. Feeling sorry for ya. I'm not that expert on these..

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/pha...imer_and_Safety_Guidelines_v1.2_en_160317.pdf

good instructions guys
but having the same problem,, i held the hat down hoping that after following your instructions i get this pop up
any ideas guys would be grateful

Attachments

• screen.JPG
    screen.JPG
    636.6 KB · Views: 776
good instructions guys
but having the same problem,, i held the hat down hoping that after following your instructions i get this pop up
any ideas guys would be grateful

Have you tried unistalling Go app and then installed it again? Open new Go app so that you have the USB cable connected to Rc and wait if it says you to update program. Don't click the camera option before you have that update option in go app start screen. I really don't know if this will help you or not but hope so. Also try open the go app before powering your rc and second option when it's already on. I see in your pic that it doesn't even know your version anymore so I'm out off options after this Hope you get it to work.

Have you tried unistalling Go app and then installed it again? Open new Go app so that you have the USB cable connected to Rc and wait if it says you to update program. Don't click the camera option before you have that update option in go app start screen. I really don't know if this will help you or not but hope so. Also try open the go app before powering your rc and second option when it's already on. I see in your pic that it doesn't even know your version anymore so I'm out off options after this Hope you get it to work.
yes i have tried every thing,, i no its the RC software,, was all working fine before the upgrade,,, im not sure where to go from here

This is painful. Follow exactly the steps, bird first then RC with absolutelly no problem, all Sucess but still No Signal, no Image and "Firmware is of the lastest version" "Abnormal" "Aircraft encoder error".

Everything else seems all good, Aircraft responds RC perfectly, Green lights everything... no signal, no image.

I bought far way from home since in Brazil doesn't have official dealers, I don't know what to do anymore.

Attachments

• 13076914_1056819311059729_7070628557541989761_n.jpg
    13076914_1056819311059729_7070628557541989761_n.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 585
  • 13087881_1056819287726398_1241318206235335238_n.jpg
    13087881_1056819287726398_1241318206235335238_n.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 556
  • 13103310_1056819254393068_3831680837142489693_n.jpg
    13103310_1056819254393068_3831680837142489693_n.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 540
You must update the craft before you update the controller otherwise you will loose control link and will be unable to update the craft via DJI go

If you update the controller but can't update the craft via Assistant 2 for some reason you can downgrade the RC back to V1.580 as follows

Connect the controller to the Tablet and turn on

On the DJI Go home screen press and hold the Academy (little hat) icon in the top RH corner, you will need to hold this for at least 10 seconds and when you release you should get the below screen

b17fd31e0f1404586ce2dcd806efa777.jpg

This will allow you to select the last FW version and downgrade the controller allowing you to reconnect.

Then FW Update

IOS Process

Turn on Craft and controller and you will be notified of an update is available.

IMG_0125_zpsfk9djkaa.png

Click on the Firmware Requires Upgrade and it will show you the RC Requires Updating at the top, do nothing at this point

IMG_0126_zpsqljdsn9l.png

Wait a few more seconds and it will pop up with the craft requires an update as well

IMG_0127_zpshfnctmd1.png

Click the craft update and it will tell you to return to the main screen, you will see the following

IMG_0128_zpsbiway1oc.png

Click update now and download the update

IMG_0129_zpsads4dlt5.png

I found mine keeps pausing on the download, you may need to turn off your craft and controller at this point as Lightbrige may be interfering with your wifi connection preventing the download.

Once downloaded you will need to connect the Tablet to the craft via the USB cable DJI provided, turn on both the craft and controller, after a short time it will allow you to begin the update

Note this update was silent for me with a craft reboot at 96%, the gimbal may twitch as the update proceeds, all normal.

IMG_0130_zpseviqikwm.png

Once complete turn everything off and then turn on just the controller

Now you will get the RC requires update message on its own this time, Click Download Firmware then update.

IMG_0126_zpsqljdsn9l.png

IMG_0132_zpstnpe7rew.png

Once downloaded and updated you should see RC Upgrade Complete, interesting this part of the rc update again was completely silent.

IMG_0133_zpspm4hrj8l.png

Reboot everything and i got the 'Cannot Take Off' error, it again asked me to update the controller, this time the controller updated again but with the normal update tones we are used to, blue flashing LED as well.

IMG_0134_zpseknx1hmy.png

Once complete

IMG_0135_zps1lwh9ij8.png

Rebooted and everything was up to date and working.

As i said a little clunky at the moment, getting better not not perfect yet.

Any instructions how to downgrade P3A firmware ? v1.8.80 --> to v1.7.0060
Thanks

Not sure if it is the same as P4 but you hold the "Graduate" icon on the GO app for 7 seconds.
Yes it is the same, but isn't it only downgrades firmware on RC? what about the quad? I want to downgrade the quad and not sure if its possible, i've tried to put firmware in the bin and load it to quad but it didn't work. No changes.

Yes it is the same, but isn't it only downgrades firmware on RC? what about the quad? I want to downgrade the quad and not sure if its possible, i've tried to put firmware in the bin and load it to quad but it didn't work. No changes.

I might just blow your mind. Use the on the go adapter that came with the quad and hook the bird up to the remote (or device, damnit i forget which one) and then hold the graduate button. You should see an option to downgrade the bird as well.

I might just blow your mind. Use the on the go adapter that came with the quad and hook the bird up to the remote (or device, damnit i forget which one) and then hold the graduate button. You should see an option to downgrade the bird as well.

Thanks for your reply. Well done! No I can confirm it's possible to downgrade the craft and the RC. What I did was I pressed and hold the button and turn on the craft. Once the craft is on I release holding. I had previews FW on SD card and was able to downgrade. After downgrading the craft I do press 10 sec on GRAD icon on DJI Go app and donwgrade RC firmware. After everything was done I did test flight and no more weak signal and disconnection. I flew 5000' with good signal. Around 5000' automatically RTH. And that because I believe I was flying over the city.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20