Control Purchase

Reaction score
I need help. My control has stopped working and I need to buy another one. I was told that the only control that works with the Phantom 4 Advanced is the GL300C Version B. Is this true? I'm looking for controls used to buy but I'm not finding version difference.

The following remote controllers are compatible with the Phantom 4 Advanced:

Last edited:
Thank you for clarification. Where I can see that the model l300 is version B?

For future reference, here is Controller Compatibility Chart that I put together a couple of months ago.
Note that some combinations require you to select the correct AC in the app's Advanced Settings > Remote Controller Type drop down menu. Cheers!

20190707 RC Compatibility Chart.jpg

Note that the above table has been copied and the data used on some other drone help sites. If you see them, they all trace back to the table here.

Thank you for clarification. Where I can see that the model l300 is version B?
You've probably already researched this, but to help any future readers of the thread it is easiest to identify the RC model by simply looking at the label on the back.
In the case of the GL300C Ver.B, you will see the Ver.B shown as in this photo:

GL300C VerB label.jpg

Last edited:
I have the gl300C controller (A ver) what is the method to bind it with the phantom 3 pro?

I have the gl300C controller (A ver) what is the method to bind it with the phantom 3 pro?
Check out the post below from your Feb 24 thread. It has a couple of links with instructions and a video on how to bind.

My DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 Remote Controller GL300K model just stopped linking with the aircraft. I have tried to downgrade the firmware to see if it works but I have not been able to downgrade. Is it possible to do so? Can a third party software solve the linking problem or do I throw the remote away and buy a new one or can I replace the main board?

For future reference, here is Controller Compatibility Chart that I put together a couple of months ago. Cheers!
View attachment 118015

Note that the above table has been copied and the data used on some other drone help sites. If you see them, they all trace back to the table here.

You've probably already researched this, but to help any future readers of the thread it is easiest to identify the RC model by simply looking at the label on the back.
In the case of the GL300C Ver.B, you will see the Ver.B shown as in this photo:

View attachment 100267
Hi. I bought the GL658B to use the HDMI with goggles but it won't link to my P4A.
Do you have any suggestions as to what I can try?
DJI says that's it not compatible so they will be no help at all.

Hi. I bought the GL658B to use the HDMI with goggles but it won't link to my P4A.
Do you have any suggestions as to what I can try?
DJI says that's it not compatible so they will be no help at all.

From one of your other threads:
It seems that a good majority of the time that people say the RCs won’t link when they are mixing and matching, the issue ends up being that they are not selecting their AC in the app’s ‘Remote Controller Type’ drop down menu. They either don’t know about that advanced setting or their RC and/or app is not updated enough to have that drop down menu at all.

Note that for the remote controller type, the app screens sometimes change with version changes and also GO is a bit different than GO 4. The key take away is to be sure that the correct AC is selected in that menu wherever you may find it in the app screens.

Also, some people have had luck with a simple cable change, others found out they didn't have the RC or AC they thought they had. That happens more than you'd think it would.

Here are more suggestions in the threads of this search:

Last edited:
Reactions: kungfumike
Thanks Oso. I've tried all that. The cables make no difference and there is no option to select P4A in the menu, only "Inspire".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.