Control P4 Pro drone with P3 Standard Controller

Reaction score
Hi

New P4 owner, bought one to do some Photogrammetry research for work and then found out that the P4 Pro+ controller can not have any 3rd party apps installed. Was about to order a P4 controller that I could use with an android mobile so that I can install the software that I need to use (Pix4D), when I was offered a P3 standard drone from someone else at work. I have read that you can use a P3 controller with a P4 drone. I have had a try but no luck so far. Can anyone tell me if this is possible and if it is whether I should be using the DJI Go software for the P3 or the P4.

Have also read on a post here that it may now be possible to install 3rd party apps on the P4 Pro controller?

Many thanks
Craig

Last edited:
New P4 owner, bought one to do some Photogrammetry research for work and then found out that the P4 Pro+ controller can not have any 3rd party apps installed. Was about to order a P4 controller that I could use with an android mobile so that I can install the software that I need to use (Pix4D), when I was offered a P3 standard drone from someone else at work. I have read that you can use a P3 controller with a P4 drone. I have had a try but no luck so far. Can anyone tell me if this is possible and if it is whether I should be using the DJI Go software for the P3 or the P4.

Have also read on a post here that it may now be possible to install 3rd party apps on the P4 Pro controller?
It is possible to use a P3 pro or Advanced controller (not the Standard) to control a P4 (not pro) drone
But it's not possible to control a P4 pro with a P3 standard as they use incompatible control systems.
You need a P4 pro controller to control a P4 pro.
And it's not possible to install photogrammetry apps on the P4 pro+ controller.

It is possible to install some small 3rd party apps like this. All flight-related apps seem to either be too large to install using that method or require the Google Play Store to be installed (which is too large to install).

It is possible to use a P3 pro or Advanced controller (not the Standard) to control a P4 (not pro) drone
But it's not possible to control a P4 pro with a P3 standard as they use incompatible control systems.
You need a P4 pro controller to control a P4 pro.
And it's not possible to install photogrammetry apps on the P4 pro+ controller.

I've been under the impression you could connect up your own Android/ipad to the remote via a usb/hdmi cable and run it from there as an option, has anyone tried this to be able to confirm? what alternatives are there for the P4P+ users?

I've been under the impression you could connect up your own Android/ipad to the remote via a usb/hdmi cable and run it from there as an option, has anyone tried this to be able to confirm?
That's not possible. You can only use the mobile device that's built into the remote controller.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl