Contact Airport

Def get it in writing and with someone's name etc from the other end. Always CYA because we all know when it gets dirty you'll be out there on your own.

My paper trail is so long that during the early stages of COVID and the toilet paper shortages, I never had cause for alarm.;)

Reactions: BigAl07
Went to the airport today. It is a class E airport they said. Still haven't talked to the airport manager. The lady I had talked to said she talked to the manager and he said whatever FAA rules are.
I am going to call when I fly I guess. I did ask her if many people do call and she said no one had ever called. Anyway what all do I need to tell them. I did read that you give them

Private or commercial flight
My name
Type model
Number of models flown
Tail number
Location of flight
time
Highest altitude

I am within 5 miles of this airport and about three miles from a National Guard Helipad. Out model airplane club is right next to he National Guard Helipad. When I fly there I get the notification that I am responsible for the flight. I accept it and fly. Thanks for the help.

Went to the airport today. It is a class E airport they said. Still haven't talked to the airport manager. The lady I had talked to said she talked to the manager and he said whatever FAA rules are.
I am going to call when I fly I guess. I did ask her if many people do call and she said no one had ever called. Anyway what all do I need to tell them. I did read that you give them

Private or commercial flight
My name
Type model
Number of models flown
Tail number
Location of flight
time
Highest altitude

I am within 5 miles of this airport and about three miles from a National Guard Helipad. Out model airplane club is right next to he National Guard Helipad. When I fly there I get the notification that I am responsible for the flight. I accept it and fly. Thanks for the help.
There is Class E from the surface so would be wise to check up on it you would not be able to get approval except by FAA in those cases here is a video explaining Class E airports and another link for help hope this helps some @BigAl07 please correct me if I got it wrong
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan