Considering the Crystal Sky Ultra, but how does it stack up?

I wish I had done a reset after the initial update, but now I'd lose my compass calibration and other vital data, not to mention logs, etc.

I put in a support request at DJI about this. The darned thing nearly crashed my drone into a stand of pine trees while it was in Intelligent Flight mode today, doing active track on a slow moving, large object when, suddenly, the drone took off sideways into the trees. I could tell the Crystal Sky was struggling already because the video was freezing and the bottom half of the video was frozen grey embossed still frame. What the heck? So I'm stopping use of the CS until I can come up with a daylight visible solution that is 100% reliable. My Samsung Note 5 was 100% reliable, but I just couldn't see the screen in the daytime and without my reading glasses.

please explain... are you saying that my controller for my CS for my P4+ can also work to fly my Mavic Air??? Please explain!

The crystalsky can work with any DJI consumer drone. The CS is just the app platform. You still need to link the various controllers. Mavic Pro is easy as it’s RC based occusync. The Mavic Air is only WiFi like the Spark. This means you need the WiFi of the CS turned on just like an iPhone or iPad to connect. You can use the OTG cable but that only helps on video transmission back to CS. That’s how it works on my Spark. I don’t have a Mavic Air but the CS is supported.

Paul Caldwell

I left the battery out of the Crystal Sky overnight and reinstalled it just now. However, when it's connected to the RC, and I plug the charger into the RC, the Crystal Sky boots up still. Doesn't seem to have corrected any problems.

I left the battery out of the Crystal Sky overnight and reinstalled it just now. However, when it's connected to the RC, and I plug the charger into the RC, the Crystal Sky boots up still. Doesn't seem to have corrected any problems.
It does that by design, most normal people :) remove the tablet when charging the RC

Earlier, someone told me that it's not supposed to do that when charging. ;)
I disconnect the tablet but when you power on the RC the with the CS off it powers on so it kinda makes sense that it’ll do that when charging the RC

I returned my Ultra it started locking up way to much , ,I lost signal and it entered RTH on me when I was 3 1/2 miles away I tried rebooting 3 times it finally reconnected 1/2 mile from the launch spot , I’m swapping it for the 7” High Briteness

Doesn't seem like any of the crystal sky is reliable

Been lurking reading all the post... I have had my 7" HB for a few months now with no issues. Was debating getting the Ultra but after reading all this I'm happy staying with the HB.

Been lurking reading all the post... I have had my 7" HB for a few months now with no issues. Was debating getting the Ultra but after reading all this I'm happy staying with the HB.
On a p4p ? How many flights

Opps sorry... no just with the Mavic Pro and about a dozen. Going to try on P4P soon just hate al the hassle of unscrewing the bracket on the controller...
I normally use a iPad 9.7

Opps sorry... no just with the Mavic Pro and about a dozen. Going to try on P4P soon just hate al the hassle of unscrewing the bracket on the controller...
I normally use a iPad 9.7
Yeah it seems to work good on the maevic but I don't think on the p4p. I'm definitely not sold on it, and not going to spend that kind of money on something that's not a hundred percent

Reactions: Ripper7620
So you're using it on a p4p? And have had no trouble? Which CS?
Sorry but I've just read so many problems with it.

I disconnect the tablet but when you power on the RC the with the CS off it powers on so it kinda makes sense that it’ll do that when charging the RC

I returned my Ultra it started locking up way to much , ,I lost signal and it entered RTH on me when I was 3 1/2 miles away I tried rebooting 3 times it finally reconnected 1/2 mile from the launch spot , I’m swapping it for the 7” High Briteness
You can still control the drone without the crystal sky. How did the crystal sky locking up cause the drone to RTH?

I flew tonight with the CS Ultra and no problems.. but it was cool this evening, low 60s. Seems like it's okay if I fly in chilly weather only. But a warm day, forgettaboutit.

I flew tonight with the CS Ultra and no problems.. but it was cool this evening, low 60s. Seems like it's okay if I fly in chilly weather only. But a warm day, forgettaboutit.
Yeah I think your right about the temp. mattering , between the screen and the ambient temp it locks up easily..

I know that correlation does not imply causation, but so far, the correlation has been spot on.. 70 degrees seems to be the threshold temperature.. anything below it, no problems.. anything above it, software hangs constantly.

Ive been using the 5.5in model for several months now with no issues in high heat, is this typically with the 7.85in model?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl