Considering the Crystal Sky Ultra, but how does it stack up?

Was up on Father's Day and it was 86°F. Did 3 flights/batteries and had no trouble with the display or software. Later that evening, I did a takeoff from the roof to get some night photos over the mountain. Just after I landed, DJI Go said "not responding". The jury's still out on whether that's a CS problem or an app problem.

I’d love to hear how yours behaves concerning the flight records when RTH is involved if you remember to give it a try

RTH doesn't involve the tablet/screen, but flight records? What would I be looking for? Has there been a problem with not recording data during RTH?
So far, the CS tablet has been capturing what appear to be accurate flight records.

RTH doesn't involve the tablet/screen, but flight records? What would I be looking for? Has there been a problem with not recording data during RTH?
So far, the CS tablet has been capturing what appear to be accurate flight records.
I noticed that when I had a disconnect and it entered RTH that part of the flight record was missing , here a flight record from Sunday I flew out to 25,000 ft and had a "Aircraft Disconnected" by the time I was able to reboot the CS I was at 16,000ft and I exited RTH thats all that was to the flight record
>>>>>> DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

I would expect that when the aircraft disconnected, the flight data isn't being received by the RC. The only flight data you would have after that point would be stored in the AC.

I noticed that when I had a disconnect and it entered RTH that part of the flight record was missing , here a flight record from Sunday I flew out to 25,000 ft and had a "Aircraft Disconnected" by the time I was able to reboot the CS I was at 16,000ft and I exited RTH thats all that was to the flight record
>>>>>> DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
You flew out 25000 feet that's just short of four and a half miles maybe that's the reason for your disconnect. Or do you have modified antennas?

You flew out 25000 feet that's just short of four and a half miles maybe that's the reason for your disconnect. Or do you have modified antennas?
The problem is NOT the disconnect but the lack of flight records of the flight UPTO the point of DISCONNECT. if the copter powers on it should be recorded ,PERIOD... if I fly 10ft or 10 miles no difference

I would expect that when the aircraft disconnected, the flight data isn't being received by the RC. The only flight data you would have after that point would be stored in the AC.
Upto the point of disconnect it should've been recorded, IOS works this way, the entire flight is recorded , nothing is missing
Not only 3/4 of the flight back with ZERO outbound,
I tried it with my ipad mini 2 just to confirm

I have another flight that I went outbound 16,000 ft and had a disconnect, after three reboots I exited RTH at 5000ft from my launch point and thats the only record of the flight , from 5000ft to home point...
Thats why I'm asking you to give it a try and see what you get

I have another flight that I went outbound 16,000 ft and had a disconnect, after three reboots I exited RTH at 5000ft from my launch point and thats the only record of the flight , from 5000ft to home point...
Thats why I'm asking you to give it a try and see what you get
Why are you rebooting after the disconnect?

Just saw this on B&H might be a viable alternative really don't know much about it.

Blackmagic Design Video Assist 4K 7" HYPERD/AVIDAS74K B&H

Not a great idea. Lots of features but none that are specifically useful for a UAV. Would work but they don't specifically discuss brightness. You want something like a SmallHD monitor with a much higher brightness.

If you wanted a recorder for some reason an Atmos Ninja Flame would be a better idea (1500 nit). But spending the money to record at best 720P video from the feed seems like a waste.

Reactions: Basspig
Would you be willing to to try a little test , press the RTH button on one of your flights and then check the flight record if it records the entire flight before and after you entered RTH

I initiated RTH on my CS 7" HB 02.06.06.00 with a P4P and I had flight records for the entire flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl