Conquer range extender by titan drones works with p4p - review and feedback

Yeah I saw a pic of those yesterday but I don't know anything about them. That's good to know. So they are saying with the adaptors their wires will plug right onto your modded RC?

Yes that is what they said. They want a picture of my modded terminals to verify if I have enough thread length for the adapter and the magnetic mounts.

Yeah I saw a pic of those yesterday but I don't know anything about them. That's good to know. So they are saying with the adaptors their wires will plug right onto your modded RC?
They use a snap on connector, so you need a plug converter from screw threads to their snap on connector, and need room for their magnetic plate. On the P4, the internal wiring is the same for all external antenna mods.

Ok guys I just got finished doing a long run for time and the most I could do was 30 minutes. And at that I only had 7% battery left. Stock I get 23 minutes with !0% left. Best I can do with the 2S batteries. Total of 4000mAh extra onboard. And yes I did expect more.:(
At best, you will get 50% more than your stock 23 minutes, if you use two 2800 mAh MaxAmps which are 4S. Total extra mAh added will then be 5600 mAh, which is 40% more than the 4000 mAh than you are adding now, but they weigh 500g total. So spring for two of the MaxAmp 2800's and you should be close to 34 minutes. I only get 27 minutes tops with the 2800 MaxAmps, but I fly differently than you, and only get 18 minutes stock.:cool:

Anything over 500g and I think you're just wasting your time probably. I've got a set of 3400 4S but they weigh about 660g total.

Anything over 500g and I think you're just wasting your time probably. I've got a set of 3400 4S but they weigh about 660g total.
Exactly! The 2800 mAh 4S MaxAmps weigh in at 247g each, so two of them are at your 500g limit, which I agree is the most that should be added! Unknown Caller used them on all of his long distance P4 records! If anyone would know the best, it is him! :cool:

I'll probably try some out but first I'm gonna try out one of those Conquer Antenna's. I'm interested to see how it holds up against the DBS Mods antenna that I'm using now. Like you said it's gonna have to perform pretty darn good to out do the DBS.

I'll probably try some out but first I'm gonna try out one of those Conquer Antenna's. I'm interested to see how it holds up against the DBS Mods antenna that I'm using now. Like you said it's gonna have to perform pretty darn good to out do the DBS.
Eager to hear your testing results with the Conquer, as well! I'm sure the DBS-02 is easy to reverse engineer, and use the interior panel space for the amps and battery in a slightly larger fooprint, in a cleaner design.:cool:

I'm not quite sure what those LEDs around the edge are for on the Conquer antenna. It just wastes power IMO. Strange.
With a 3000 mAh battery inside the antenna panel, there is plenty of additional power to handle the LED's, which can also be independently turned off. The battery only powers the 3W amps, and will otherwise last 5 flights without a recharge. Some people like to attract attention when flying, and look cool. Not my cup of tea, but each to their own. :cool:

Cheering.... [emoji106]

So you don't need to open the controller?
Doubtful, as the connector is just a converter to adapt the snap on connectors to accept screw on connectors. That all happens outside the remote.

With a 3000 mAh battery inside the antenna panel, there is plenty of additional power to handle the LED's, which can also be independently turned off. The battery only powers the 3W amps, and will otherwise last 5 flights without a recharge. Some people like to attract attention when flying, and look cool. Not my cup of tea, but each to their own. :cool:
Oh wait.... I wanna look cool too. I need to buy this today. Is that the ploy? :rolleyes: Do these guys think we're all that shallow? OK, maybe half of us are :D

However, I am interested in reports of performance. I just have to laugh at useless bling. It reduces the ROI, paying for something I'd never turn on and use.

Reactions: WWK888
Oh wait.... I wanna look cool too. I need to buy this today. Is that the ploy? :rolleyes: Do these guys think we're all that shallow? OK, maybe half of us are :D

However, I am interested in reports of performance. I just have to laugh at useless bling. It reduces the ROI, paying for something I'd never turn on and use.

Which is why it's great you have the option because I for one would and do use it, very rarely but it shows the effort these guys went in to design and to give the customer a great performing and great looking product

I think we have pretty much established that the Conquer in the U.S. is a needless complication on the P4P, which does better on Auto 5.8Ghz than 2.4Ghz. Further, without an accompanying, warranty voiding, P4P aircraft battery mod, the current, realistic, urban range of 4+ miles already exceeds the capactity of the P4P battery. The Conquer will, however, help those in CE countries achieve our stock 4.3 mile/7 km range!

Well I just got my order placed for the Conquer now we wait. Can't wait to compare it to the DBS Mod.

Well I just got my order placed for the Conquer now we wait. Can't wait to compare it to the DBS Mod.
I'm sure you'll be using those flashing LED's, so everyone will gather around, while one of them calls the police, thinking you must be a terrorist, with that kind of gear! :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72