"Connection to Phantom Failed"

Are you at an office building? Some buildings have wifi disrupters to protect their own systems. Jus wondering if you had same issue at another location?

It sounds like the wifi module. Did you ever run wifi boosters? Did you ever use the phantoms wifi to transfer large files to phone?
Have you try placing the wifi module in the fridge for 20 minutes? if it works then its the wifi module overheating or not dissipating heat fast enough which then fries/warps the circuitry.
have you tried the artic silver 5 mod whereby replacing the cruddy DJI's white paste with artic silver thermal paste?
Broken co#4 nnection cant get my cam to work is it my samsung galaxy tab4

Do you see the phantom wifi when you look at your available wifi Sid signals?

I've been having a very similar problem since early this year.
Everything was fine when I decided to upgrade the motors, escs and controller. While I was in this process, over the course of about a few weeks, a new version of the software came out so I upgraded. Then version 5 of the Android came out so I upgraded my Nexus 7 to that and a new version of the ios for my IPod (which is just a backup) came out so I upgraded to that. When I finally finished the work on the copter I started it up and got the "Connection to Phantom Failed". To make a long, long story short I have since done the following:
-bought a new wifi repeater = no luck
-bought a new wifi module = no luck
-bought new cables = no luck
-ran the calibration software 1000 times = no luck
-reinstalled the camera software multiple times = no luck
-ran the binding successfully 100's of times, clicking the blue check box = no luck
Yes I see the Phantom wifi connection on both my devices.
Yes I can statically take pictures and video with the camera and view them np.
Yes the gimbal moves up and down with the controller and the motors start np.
I have no telemetry at all with the exception of wifi extender battery.

I've contacted DJI and they keep sending me the usual set of binding, re-installation/calibration steps.
At this stage I'd just like to send it a reputable place to fix, who do you suggest?

I've been having a very similar problem since early this year.
Everything was fine when I decided to upgrade the motors, escs and controller. While I was in this process, over the course of about a few weeks, a new version of the software came out so I upgraded. Then version 5 of the Android came out so I upgraded my Nexus 7 to that and a new version of the ios for my IPod (which is just a backup) came out so I upgraded to that. When I finally finished the work on the copter I started it up and got the "Connection to Phantom Failed". To make a long, long story short I have since done the following:
-bought a new wifi repeater = no luck
-bought a new wifi module = no luck
-bought new cables = no luck
-ran the calibration software 1000 times = no luck
-reinstalled the camera software multiple times = no luck
-ran the binding successfully 100's of times, clicking the blue check box = no luck
Yes I see the Phantom wifi connection on both my devices.
Yes I can statically take pictures and video with the camera and view them np.
Yes the gimbal moves up and down with the controller and the motors start np.
I have no telemetry at all with the exception of wifi extender battery.

I've contacted DJI and they keep sending me the usual set of binding, re-installation/calibration steps.
At this stage I'd just like to send it a reputable place to fix, who do you suggest?

There's a batch of wifi transmitters that has problems, I bet on it. DJI has given also to me RMA for similar problem. I spent lot of time to investigate the problem, but, shortly, the FC200_xxxx connection drops between RE and Phantom as soon as I start motors. The incredible of the story is that this happens ONLY if I have GPS lock to >6 sats. If no GPS lock (Atti mode) the connection stay up also with motors on. Making some measurements with instruments, I see a voltage drop of about 0.6 V in the power line of wifi transmitter, and all goes in shutdown ... mhhhhh... may be some components of the voltage regulators on the main board is faulty or at least wrong tolerance.

DJI doesn't explain the issue and ask me to send it back with RMA

I was having the same problems as described above.
I actually lost the 'binding' during a flight!! I was lucky to find my Phantom had landed in a cemetery ( ! I know right! ), upright and still blinking!
I could fly it, but no camera.

After I did the reset and rebinding using your video, everything is back to working great!

Thanks for the great video! It made it super easy!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost