Confusing dji article

Your link doesn't work since it's in a private Facebook group. For more details, see the article here on DJI's website. It clearly lists which features will no longer work properly if you do not re-register AND you update your firmware.

Your link doesn't work since it's in a private Facebook group. For more details, see the article here on DJI's website. It clearly lists which features will no longer work properly if you do not re-register AND you update your firmware.

Oh sorry. Ok I'll take a look.

How can your aircraft be restricted if nothing gets updated?

Reactions: JWH
I still don't understand the underlined part? The way I'm reading it is: if you update the firmware then height and range will be restricted.

You will need a data connection to the Internet for your smartphone or tablet when you log in, in order to verify the account information and activate the updated software or firmware. If this activation process is not performed, the aircraft will not have access to the correct geospatial information and flight functions for that region, and its operations will be restricted if you update the upcoming firmware: Live camera streaming will be disabled, and flight will be limited to a 50-meter (164-foot) radius up to 30 meters (98 feet) high

Hold on and I reading it wrong?

Does the restrictions only apply if you DO update but DONT re register? Is that where I'm getting confused?

Hold on and I reading it wrong?

Does the restrictions only apply if you DO update but DONT re register? Is that where I'm getting confused?

I think that is what it means. If you update either the Go app or the aircraft firmware but then don't log in and re-register, it cripples the aircraft.

I think that is what it means. If you update either the Go app or the aircraft firmware but then don't log in and re-register, it cripples the aircraft.

dji's articles are about as well written as there customer support is good lol

DJI is not clear as to what's going to be restricted with these new changes in place. If you don't want to be affected by the changes, then make sure you're running everything in a bubble (i.e. don't connect to the Internet, don't update DJI GO, don't update the firmware). Running in a bubble is not really practical though. Whatever DJI is cooking up will most likely be applied to anything you buy from them in the future.

Last edited:
This could be very bad for everyone then by the sounds of it. Especially if they start rare strutting things like height and distance.

Well I always do all updates and upgrades as soon as they come out so we shall see .
I do know what all my birds are capable of doing so it won't be no problem seeing just what changes .

I'M not sure what this means or if it is a good or bad thing. If i'm taking selfies in foreign country with the drone i'd like to know where it is allowed and where it isn't.

Well I always do all updates and upgrades as soon as they come out so we shall see .
I do know what all my birds are capable of doing so it won't be no problem seeing just what changes .

I just cant understand for the life of me that it would make any sense to restrict a/c distance and height?

Imagine all these people in the world that brought there phantom to only fly distances, and all these people that have invested money in different antennas to then be held back by software/firmware, plus peeps that fly with fpv goggles... does not make sens one small bit

Reactions: sbocaj1
Well if what this fella has to say is true then there won't be any restrictions if you log in.

IMG_0906.PNG

I wonder if the updates will be worth a P3 owners time. Any new features? Or just crippled if you do not. I think I understand why they want people to log in (sync flight records to their servers, know who the pilot is in the case of a serious mishap,etc), but I am not sure that I agree. I registered once already, if there are new features then that would be incentive.

Yea I been seeing that in my app since yesterday and reading in several threads on it . Is confusing . Maybe they have added more options and unless you do it you won't have access to them . Dono.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers