Confusing dji article

This new system gives DJI the ability to ground our drones or severely restrict them at anytime, without consent, just because some government flunky tells them to.
Don't you ever stop with the gloom and doom predictions?
Have you ever got something right?
Why do you think DJI do anything "some government flunky tells them to"?
Have they ever done anything to support that crazy theory so far?
A saner perspective on the latest update is that it will allow the NFZ database to be updated live to allow for TFRs when and as they appear for things like emergency situations or wildfires..
Or if you live in deep paranoia, it's so that DJI and the governments of the world can ground your drone.

Reactions: kbviper
Don't you ever stop with the gloom and doom predictions?
Have you ever got something right?
Why do you think DJI do anything "some government flunky tells them to"?
Have they ever done anything to support that crazy theory so far?
A saner perspective on the latest update is that it will allow the NFZ database to be updated live to allow for TFRs when and as they appear for things like emergency situations or wildfires..
Or if you live in deep paranoia, it's so that DJI and the governments of the world can ground your drone.

You ask why DJI would do anything some government flunky tells them to and then just two lines later you talk about the update being to update the NFZ database, who, pray tell, decides what an NFZ is? Is it not some government flunky calling DJI (or DJI calling them) and telling them what the new NFZs are? The WHOLE PURPOSE of his update is to comply with drone laws where and when they happen. If the government decided to pass a restrictive drone law tomorrow are you claiming that DJI will not update that new law into e NFZ database? If not than what is the purpose of the NFZ database?

9245,I understand how you feel.
If you have a P3 , Block your Go app from the internet. No more updates. Then fly with Litchi . Preferably with 1.4

Or..........

Just downgrade to 1.7.6 where ALL NFZ restrictions can be removed.

I understand how you feel. Its not up to DJI to regulate or enforce laws. That is why I spent the last year trying to find help with hacking the FW.

This has reminded me of the parable of the Scorpion and the Fox:

Once upon a time a fox was trying to cross a river. The river was deep, and the current was strong, but the fox desperately needed to get to the other side. As he pondered his plight, a scorpion approached him. The fox was fearful and backed away in apprehension, but the scorpion spoke to him in reassuring words.

“There is no need to be frightened of me, for we both face the same predicament. I too want to cross the river; but if I try, I will drown.
I have come to make a deal with you. If I take you to a place that is shallow enough for you to cross, will you carry me on your back, so that I too may cross?”

The fox was still suspicious of the scorpion, but he really wanted to cross the river. “What guarantee can you give me that you won’t sting me if I carry you across?”, the fox asked.

“On my life I promise that I won’t sting you”, the scorpion replied. “Besides, if I sting you, we both will drown”.

The fox mulled the proposal over and over, and despite being one of the smartest creatures in the land, could find no flaw in the scorpion’s reasoning.

“Alright, you have a deal”, the fox said. “Take me to the shallow spot, and I will carry you across.” So off the two traveled, side by side until they reached a bend in the river where the water slowed and shallowed considerably.

“Climb on my back, and I’ll carry you across”, the fox spoke cheerfully.

The scorpion hopped on the fox’s back, and they ventured out into the river. The scorpion had been right. The water was shallow enough to cross, and the fox happily hummed to himself as he easily swam the distance. But right as he reached the deepest point of the river, he felt a sharp pang in the back of his neck.. The scorpion had stung him. He struggled against the poison and the current, but it was too late. He knew he was going to drown. With his last breaths, he cried”

“Why did you sting me? now we will both drown!”

“Because I am a scorpion”, his rider replied matter of factly, “It is my nature”.

And with those words, they both perished.

It is government's nature to restrict, and it is DJI's nature to pass those restrictions on to us.

The WHOLE PURPOSE of his update is to comply with drone laws where and when they happen.
Take any Lightbridge Phantom to a nice interference free area and see what kind of range you can achieve.
See how high you can fly above home point.
Now tell me what the FAA says about how far they want you to fly and then tell me how DJI are so evil for supporting the FAA regulations and putting such heavy restrictions on your flying.
It is government's nature to restrict, and it is DJI's nature to pass those restrictions on to us.
It's your pessimistic and paranoid nature to think of DJI as working against you despite absolutely no supporting evidence.

Take any Lightbridge Phantom to a nice interference free area and see what kind of range you can achieve.
See how high you can fly above home point.
Now tell me what the FAA says about how far they want you to fly and then tell me how DJI are so evil for supporting the FAA regulations and putting such heavy restrictions on your flying.

It's your pessimistic and paranoid nature to think of DJI as working against you despite absolutely no supporting evidence.

No supporting evidence? What do you call the geo system and these live updates? Why would they add the ability to update NFZs in real time if they weren't planning on using it?

Yes, my Phantom 4 is capable of flying well beyond what the FAA wants, it is my job to follow the laws and e FAA's job to enforce it, not DJI's. I fail to see your point. You still continue to miss the objection here as well, it is not about current restrictions, it is about what may happen in the future. Noone in Canada expected their drone ban before it happened then one day it just did, don't say that can't happen here.

I bought a drone with those capabilities, if DJI takes those abilities away, for whatever reason, I expect a $1,400 refund.

What do you call the geo system and these live updates? Why would they add the ability to update NFZs in real time if they weren't planning on using it?
DJI have had a GEO system for a long time.
They have introduced this update to improve it so that changes can come through as they are made rather than waiting for infrequent software updates.
This could include things like corrections to their database, removing old and unused airstrips, adding TFRs for wildfires etc as they are issued.
All quite innocent things unless you are suffering from paranoid delusions that make you think every change is aimed at you and intended to diminish your flying pleasure.
No supporting evidence?
Yes, my Phantom 4 is capable of flying well beyond what the FAA wants .... I fail to see your point.
Exactly .. It's right there every time you fly but you can't see it even when it's pointed out to you.
Noone in Canada expected their drone ban before it happened then one day it just did, don't say that can't happen here.
And have DJI done anything that changes anything for Canadian flyers?
You still continue to miss the objection here as well, it is not about current restrictions, it is about what may happen in the future.
I don't miss it ... I'm painfully aware that you're making so much fuss about things that don't exist and might never exist.
You want to complain now about anything that you feel might possibly happen in the future.
And listening to your reasoning, I'm not sure that your judgement about future directions is at all valid.
I bought a drone with those capabilities, if DJI takes those abilities away, for whatever reason, I expect a $1,400 refund.
That's about the 100th time I've heard that and I still haven't seen anyone wanting to take their Phantom back because they still fly just as they did when they were new.

There's no point responding to someone with such a closed mind and driven by deep paranoia.
Going on your past record, I'm not expecting it to make any difference to you.
I'm only putting this out there to present a more balanced view for anyone you might be confusing.

I wonder if this new mechanism of flight restriction would be expanded if the recently submitted legislation by Feinstein passed? This legislation would allow local and state governments to regulate UAV usage. I am not a fan of this legislation and plan to wait before upgrading. It would have been much better if they had added some features for the older Phantoms, would have provided incentive.

I wonder if this new mechanism of flight restriction would be expanded if the recently submitted legislation by Feinstein passed? This legislation would allow local and state governments to regulate UAV usage. I am not a fan of this legislation and plan to wait before upgrading. It would have been much better if they had added some features for the older Phantoms, would have provided incentive.

According to some here they will NEVER pass more restrictive laws (despite recent history and common sense that says they will), and if they did DJI would NEVER integrate those laws into the geo system despite that being the whole purpose of the geo system. They say that thinking otherwise is paranoid. It will be hilarious watching them complain in the future when their drones are restricted.

FYI, it looks like "Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in" bans everything she doesn't like feinstein has found another ban target, normally she just harrasses gun owners and tries to tax and regulate everyone else into oblivion.

ApprehensiveUnfinishedDoctorfish.gif

Now you know what we have been putting up with since at least 1994.

Have we figured out what changes actually affect the P4? If any...

Attachments

• IMG_0627.PNG
    IMG_0627.PNG
    316.1 KB · Views: 209

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj