Compliance mode - CE --> FCC?

Reaction score
DJI Phantom 2 Vision

Hi, I live in Sweden, Europe. I would like to try FCC-mode.
I have turned the knob on the remote controller full clock-wise.

All that is fine! The remote controller beeps twice upon start.

Then I did an update on the remote control via RC system assistent. (opened the front and connected a mini-USB)
In the RC assistent on my MAC I saw that I even could change to FCC mode in the "Compliance mode" window, right to where I change mode 1 or 2.

So my questions are:

Should I ONLY turn the knob on the controller full clock-wise or should I even change to FCC-mode in the RC system assistent?
Is it ok to make both or should I put it back to CE in the assistent and only turn the knob clock-wise?
Are there any negative parameters to think about flying in the FCC-mode?

Many thanks in advance!
Your help in this forum is enormously appreciated!

Alexis

Re: Compliance mode - EC --> FCC?

alenic said:
DJI Phantom 2 Vision

Hi, I live in Sweden, Europe. I would like to try FCC-mode.
I have turned the knob on the remote controller full clock-wise.

All that is fine! The remote controller beeps twice upon start.

Then I did an update on the remote control via RC system assistent. (Opened the front and connected a mini-USB)
In the RC assistent on my MAC I saw that I even could change to FCC mode in the "Compliance mode" window, right to where I change mode 1 or 2.

So my questions are:

Should I go for mode 1 or 2?
Should I ONLY turn the knob on the controller full clock-wise or should I even change to FCC-mode in the RC system assistent?
Is it ok to make both or should I put it back to CE in the assistent and only turn the knob clock-wise?
Are there any negative parameters to think about flying in the FCC-mode?

Many thanks in advance!
Your help in this forum is enormously appreciated!

Alexis

See your other [duplicate] post.

Its "sensible" to make settings in hardware and software MATCH... to avoid conflicts and errors.
sensible=logical

I believe thats what he meant.

I did following test:
1. EC mode indicated in Software and Hardware (knob position), RC range approx 500-600m (2 flights);
2. I switched to FCC in software (no hardware), RC range 800-840m (3 flights);
3. Switched to FCC also in hardware, RC range >1100m (over 3 flights max not yet determined).

So I can confirm that is 'sensible' to have both software and hardware switches in agreement.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl