Complete rookie requires HELP PLEASE

Reaction score
Good morning everyone. I am a complete rookie to drone flying and recently purchased a p3 advanced.
I am have 2 major issues.
1 . When I press the return to home button the drone will state.. landing. An not return back to start point... Why?
2. This I am sure gets asked a lot but my camera footage is terrible. It' grainy whity and drops out even at 30 meters... Why??

Thanks for help everyone and I am sure these are regular questions an very simple to resolve.

Are you in beginner mode? Check in the settings, also the footage, is your camera clean and have you removed foam from the back

Check also when in settings it says connection loss, either landing or RTH, set it to RTH

Are you in beginner mode? Check in the settings, also the footage, is your camera clean and have you removed foam from the back

Hi Harry.. It's a new machine..i haven' formatted card. But removed the clamp an bits. I looked at settings and all I can do is seem to brighten or dull the contrast. Im.not in beginner mode either.

Your Phantom must to be more than 20 metres away from the home point for RTH to work.
Closer than 20 metres, it will land where it is,
Tried this an still not working is there something I am not doing. Ie in wrong mode. I.e P or A mode on toggle switch on controller ?

Tried this an still not working is there something I am not doing. Ie in wrong mode. I.e P or A mode on toggle switch on controller ?
No ... there is nothing else and the Loss of Signal options will have no effect on RTH when you press the RTH button.
1 . When I press the return to home button the drone will state.. landing. An not return back to start point... Why?
Which button did you press?
The controller button or the screen button?

Perhaps the recorded flight data would solve the mystery.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides

Reactions: Justinbrason
No ... there is nothing else and the Loss of Signal options will have no effect on RTH when you press the RTH button.

Which button did you press?
The controller button or the screen button?

Perhaps the recorded flight data would solve the mystery.
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides
So sorted grain issue with camera now. It's the return to home which I press on controller not app. I will try next time I fly to use app instead of controller .. Well when weather get a better. I have the app set to return to home not land or Hover.

So sorted grain issue with camera now. It's the return to home which I press on controller not app. I will try next time I fly to use app instead of controller .. Well when weather get a better. I have the app set to return to home not land or Hover.
I asked about the screen button because it's close to the Autoload screen button and wondered if you may have activated that.
Otherwise if you were more than 20 metres (66 feet) from the launch point,RTH should rise to RTH height and fly home.
The Loss of Signal settings would make no difference as they only have any effect when/if your Phantom loses signal.

If this really is a mystery issue, the flight data is the next thing to check.
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides.

But I'd like you to confirm you were more than 20 metres away from the home point because what you describe is exactly what happens if you activate RTH within 20 metres of home.

Reactions: Justinbrason
I asked about the screen button because it's close to the Autoload screen button and wondered if you may have activated that.
Otherwise if you were more than 20 metres (66 feet) from the launch point,RTH should rise to RTH height and fly home.
The Loss of Signal settings would make no difference as they only have any effect when/if your Phantom loses signal.

If this really is a mystery issue, the flight data is the next thing to check.
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides.

But I'd like you to confirm you were more than 20 metres away from the home point because what you describe is exactly what happens if you activate RTH within 20 metres of home.
All sorted it was me beinf not 20 meters away. Silly. Thank u for the reply an help tho

Reactions: Meta4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan