Complete Newbie, First Flights, Scary Story & Questions

My final question is this: Is the iPhone 5 not powerful enough to run the DJI GO app?
Your iPhone 5 is not up to the task. You'll need at least an iPhone 5S. This quote is from DJI site...

"Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular."

I would buy a cheap toy grade drone. Learn to fly away from you, towards you.
learn to fly it into the ground and into trees... Have fun with it.

You will become a better pilot and appreciate the phantom.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Your iPhone 5 is not up to the task. You'll need at least an iPhone 5S. This quote is from DJI site...

"Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular."

Hi LuvMyTJ,

Thanks very much for the information. I missed that, but I would still have purchased my Phantom 3 Standard anyway. I have an iPad Air that I'll try out next. It will be cumbersome to have the iPad on some sort of a stand (like a music stand or something) but the display will be much larger, and I'll be able to see what the camera sees.

In the meantime, I'm again studying the User Manual and picking up all the information about how to change aircraft modes and initiate actions by using S1 and S2. I want to get a bunch of experience built up with flying completely manually first, then move on to adding the iPad with the DJI GO app.

BTW, assuming your TJ is a Jeep Wrangler, I have had a couple of Jeep Wranglers, and I loved them, too. Right now, I have a 2014 Cherokee Trailhawk. Trail Rated. It's kind of like a bit more comfortable 4-door Wrangler.

smp

Hi LuvMyTJ,

Thanks very much for the information. I missed that, but I would still have purchased my Phantom 3 Standard anyway. I have an iPad Air that I'll try out next. It will be cumbersome to have the iPad on some sort of a stand (like a music stand or something) but the display will be much larger, and I'll be able to see what the camera sees.

In the meantime, I'm again studying the User Manual and picking up all the information about how to change aircraft modes and initiate actions by using S1 and S2. I want to get a bunch of experience built up with flying completely manually first, then move on to adding the iPad with the DJI GO app.

BTW, assuming your TJ is a Jeep Wrangler, I have had a couple of Jeep Wranglers, and I loved them, too. Right now, I have a 2014 Cherokee Trailhawk. Trail Rated. It's kind of like a bit more comfortable 4-door Wrangler.

smp
I used my Ipad Air before I purchased a Nvidia Shield. It worked just fine. It is big and it cumbersome but it will work.

Mike

Hi LuvMyTJ,

smp
Look into the Inspire mount mod (lots of how to's here) and get an extender for the iPad and your good.

Yup, a Wangler. Had a few of them. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik