Compass stuck error

Same issue happened once about three weeks ago. I am up in the mountains and it happened again I restarted aircraft like it said took off then it went into atti mode and lost all Compass direction but continued to hover fine. I still had control and had a semi-rough landing but defiantly afraid to fly long distance. I have practiced a lot brining it back in atti mode " just in case" something like this where to happen. I believe my DBS mod voids my warranty soooooo.........? I guess maybe I'll see if my local hobby shop will swap the compass for me.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I too am getting this error. Had it twice yesterday and once today. Recalibrated compass after the one today, too early to say if it'll come back.

How long would the warranty cover something like this? A year or 6 months?

Sent from my SM-G900F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just to add to this, had my P3S now for a few months. I regularly get this error message. Sometimes mid flight and t scares the living daylights out of me... into ATTI mode and then landing the bird. Turning it off and then on sorts it for a while. So many people have this problem I haven't bothered sending it back... PS I do not get these error messages in litchi!!!! I would hazard a guess at software fault.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Move in an open space where there are no metalic object tgwn re callibrate compass.

If still same consider updating firmware

Uninstall all drone app in ur devices and install them back.

Had got same problem before. I did that now its fine

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've updated firmware and done several compass calibrations in different spots, but I get this error every time I fly however only when I first attempt to take off. I use the auto-takeoff button (as I'm scared to try CSC now) and it pops up. I don't even restart the AC anymore I just hit takeoff again and it always seems to work fine.

I've updated firmware and done several compass calibrations in different spots, but I get this error every time I fly however only when I first attempt to take off. I use the auto-takeoff button (as I'm scared to try CSC now) and it pops up. I don't even restart the AC anymore I just hit takeoff again and it always seems to work fine.

Are you using dji go app or other 3rd party apps ?
have you also try to recalibrate all sensors and gimbal ?

During compas callubration have you done it outside where there are no metalic object or electrical interference

I've had the same error a few times,i just restart and it fires up.

When updating firmware do you have to go looking for it or does it come
Up saying update firmware?

Last edited:
Are you using dji go app or other 3rd party apps ?
have you also try to recalibrate all sensors and gimbal ?

During compas callubration have you done it outside where there are no metalic object or electrical interference

I'm using the DJI app.

The only other calibrations I've done are the remote and gimbal. I've run the IMU check and it said calibration not needed.

I've done all compass calibrations outside away from metal and other objects.

I'm using the DJI app.

The only other calibrations I've done are the remote and gimbal. I've run the IMU check and it said calibration not needed.

I've done all compass calibrations outside away from metal and other objects.
Even if IMU check days calibration not needed ... try it and see. Also dont forget to remove all app and install again .. + update firmware

Even if IMU check days calibration not needed ... try it and see. Also dont forget to remove all app and install again .. + update firmware

Thank you for the advice. I did upgrade the firmware before my first flight.

I'll try reinstalling the app and also try an IMU cal.

I was reading that people said to cool the AC down before doing an IMU cal otherwise you will get longer warm-up wait times when starting up. I'm in S FL and even this time of year it's not really cold out so was hesitant to try it.

Reactions: wawakool
Oh quick question...if I reinstall the app will I lose all my current flight data?

Thank you for the advice. I did upgrade the firmware before my first flight.

I'll try reinstalling the app and also try an IMU cal.

I was reading that people said to cool the AC down before doing an IMU cal otherwise you will get longer warm-up wait times when starting up. I'm in S FL and even this time of year it's not really cold out so was hesitant to try it.
I don't think that IMU Callibration have something to do with that as. its only calibration for orientation etc etc . are you on firmware 1.10.90 if yes try the IMU then re do compass calibration in open space using dji go app and thanks to let us know if it work

Last edited:
Reactions: JustinR
Quick update, since I upgraded to the latest firmware version (Phantom v1.10.90 / iOS app 3.1.1) the problem seems to have gone away. I've had about 10 flights since withought any problems, before I was getting the 'compas stuck' error every few flights.

I had a standard that had this error so i returned it and upgraded to a p3p.
Today on its third flight it first showed a sensor error and told me to restart, then gave me the compass stuck error. Running the latest firmware and everything has calibrated without error. I haven't bothered to contact DJI as they were not very helpful when I called about the same thing with a standard.
I'm pretty disappointed and thinking about returning everything.

I may have a lopro case for a p3 for sale soon.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl