Compass problems

There’s a few issues that could be refined.
For one compass calibration (compensation) cannot detect, measure, or correct any magnetic distortions NOT created by items or elements on-board the aircraft.

These distortions are classified as either Hard or Soft Iron and can only be evaluated by rotating the elements in the presence of the ambient magnetic field while logging the magnetometers response (a.k.a. the so-called ‘compass dance’).

Once complete the measured response can be corrected to deliver a uniform polar output free of distortion(s).

This is very important to understand and it’s not properly explained in the ‘Primer’.

So I’m going to try a couple more places to calibrate. Do you think DJ I can fix it or will they fix it
If repeated attempts to calibrate fail in different locations, you should look at what's showing for the compass in the Sensors section of the app settings.
i-3L2jQdP-M.png

If you see numbers, the compass is working and should be able to calibrate.
But if you see zero, the compass is disconnected and will never calibrate.
It could be a bad connection to the mainboard or more commonly, a broken fine wire in the landing gear just above the compass.

If repeated attempts to calibrate fail in different locations, you should look at what's showing for the compass in the Sensors section of the app settings.
i-3L2jQdP-M.png

If you see numbers, the compass is working and should be able to calibrate.
But if you see zero, the compass is disconnected and will never calibrate.
It could be a bad connection to the mainboard or more commonly, a broken fine wire in the landing gear just above the compass.

Thanks. I’ll check this out. Now this make sense. I’ll let you know how I make out. Thanks for your feedback.

Ive been getting this too, constantly flipping in and out of ATTI. Its not so much that but the symptoms which involve the camera (and presumably craft) tilting a good 45degrees (toilet bowl effect?) before it throws and error and exits P-GPS mode. Makes me thing its going to crash even though I'm at altitude and not at risk of hitting anything. Starting to wonder if I should just replace the compass entirely for a new part..

Atti mode. Compass error exit P-GPS mode. GPS mode needs a functional compass in order to operate.

Mine has never done that. Thats got to bring havoc on your nerves. Mine went into attii mode one time when I was about 1500 ft out and I started to freak out only to realized I accidentally hit the switch. I was sweating bullets. I finally got a clean calibration on my Compass and everything seems normal. I definitely would get that compass fixed. That would drive me crazy.

Safe flying

Mine has never done that. Thats got to bring havoc on your nerves. Mine went into attii mode one time when I was about 1500 ft out and I started to freak out only to realized I accidentally hit the switch. I was sweating bullets. I finally got a clean calibration on my Compass and everything seems normal. I definitely would get that compass fixed. That would drive me crazy.

Safe flying
Yeah I dont care so much for when it enters/exits ATTI as I have other drones that have done that momentarily in the past, its the tiling of the banking of the drone 45degrees each way followed by the compass error that makes me thing its going to fall out of the sky that scares me most. Im quite happy to fly it home in ATTI as it flies quite fine with it.

867290E9-A731-4063-B7D0-AF2241B6B53E.png
When I went to the park to calibrate i forgot I was wearing a belt with a buckle witch may have been the reason why it wouldn’t calibrate it would pass the horizontally part but not the vertical part. So I did what Meta4 said so When I started my AC in my house (yes blades off)the red warning was gone. Which I thought was strange because I would get that in the park at every attempt ( which led me to my belt buckle theory) I went to check my compass in settings (see pic )everything was normal. So last Sunday I went to this super clean field ( no metal with in 150 ft and me wearing on my skivvies)and calibrated my compass no problem. I flew 2 batts and every thing seems normal. (No belt this time)sorry for the lenghty post. I was hestante about posting this cause I feel like a knuckle head.

Safe flying and blue skies

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94