compass mount broke off

Reaction score
I wrecked my phantom 4 and broke off one of the arms. I started taking it apart as YouTube demonstrated and when I was unplugging the 4 antenna connectors one broke off the board. the black wire to be exact. Anyone able to help. Do I have to get new board or what

Attachments

• 15135409592302037438322.jpg
    15135409592302037438322.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 474
I wrecked my phantom 4 and broke off one of the arms. I started taking it apart as YouTube demonstrated and when I was unplugging the 4 antenna connectors one broke off the board. the black wire to be exact. Anyone able to help. Do I have to get new board or what
Looks like a surface mounted jack. If you still have the part, it can be soldered back on. Carefully, and experience likely required.

Geo

Looks like a surface mounted jack. If you still have the part, it can be soldered back on. Carefully, and experience likely required.

Geo
I think the surface mount is still in the wise but I can't get it out afraid of breaking the mount more.

Geo
I can't get the piece out to be able to solder it. Do you know if I can just solder wire to that spot. Looks like two different contact points though. Like the center and the clip

I can't get the piece out to be able to solder it. Do you know if I can just solder wire to that spot. Looks like two different contact points though. Like the center and the clip
The center pad is the antenna. The two on the sides are ground. If the antenna wire is shielded, two conductors, then the shield goes to one of the outside pads. Yes, you can solder directly to the board.

Geo

I
The center pad is the antenna. The two on the sides are ground. If the antenna wire is shielded, two conductors, then the shield goes to one of the outside pads. Yes, you can solder directly to the board.

Geo
I thought so. But that would make the wire have 2 wires right so soldering the wire means I couldn't just cut wire and use butt connector to reattach I would have to melt solder if I need to replace shell again?

I only mentioned a second wire as that is typical for antenna cable in general and the plug you showed is two conductor. However, I have no idea if you actually have two conductors. I’ve not had my P4 opened. It could be just one for all I know.
Also, since I’ve not had mine opened I don’t know what is necessary cable wise to open it. If that cable HAS to be unplugged to open the P4 then yes, it would have to be unsoldered. My preference would be to solder the jack back on.

Geo

That is a form of coaxial connector. While yes you could solder the wire directly, that may not NE the best option. The wire side of the connector probably still has the header attached. Placing the ground ring back onto the board would allow for the reuse of the wire side of the connection. Soldering the wire directly could lead to issues with the coaxial cable. I would look for the board part and reinstall it. If you cannot find it use digikey to order a new header.

Also I used electrical epoxy to glue the rest of them down so it wouldn't happen again. Unless you have allot of soldering experience it will be almost impossible to do it by yourself

I only mentioned a second wire as that is typical for antenna cable in general and the plug you showed is two conductor. However, I have no idea if you actually have two conductors. I’ve not had my P4 opened. It could be just one for all I know.
Also, since I’ve not had mine opened I don’t know what is necessary cable wise to open it. If that cable HAS to be unplugged to open the P4 then yes, it would have to be unsoldered. My preference would be to solder the jack back on.

Geo
if you zoom in to my pic and see the connector it is circle with a probe in the center. The part on wire looks just like it but the female end. SO the center where the probe goes and the ring have a insulator between. I was thinking that if I put it back on the center pieces will still attach but the outside ring will not so I was thinking about soldering the outside since the middle will connect

if you zoom in to my pic and see the connector it is circle with a probe in the center. The part on wire looks just like it but the female end. SO the center where the probe goes and the ring have a insulator between. I was thinking that if I put it back on the center pieces will still attach but the outside ring will not so I was thinking about soldering the outside since the middle will connect

I just called DJI and they said that part isn't available for sale. And that I have to send it in to have them repair it. I feel like it's worth trying to solder it before I send it in and most likely spend hundreds beings it's dji. This sucks LOL. Waiting for my new shell to get here so I can install it and try soldering it

$170 online through cloud City drones get you a new one. Take a look in the landing gear legs. You just have to unsoldered it off and the inner pin will slip out of
the ring when it's warm

$170 online through cloud City drones get you a new one. Take a look in the landing gear legs. You just have to unsoldered it off and the inner pin will slip out of
the ring when it's warm

The landing gear isn't the problem. It's the board that the landing gear connects to

the ring when it's warm

DJI Phantom 4 3-in-1 board module (Part 52).
is this what you was talking about because this is what I need. I couldn't find it but when you told me to order one from cloud city I went there and it was the first pic that popped up under phantom 4

No. They said I had to send it whole drone to be repaired. said that you can't buy that board and that they have to fix it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl