Compass heading

Reaction score
I have calibrated the compass in an open field with no metal close by. When I point the radar arrow at the home point the drone flies at 90 degrees away from the home point. The same thing happens if I set the home point to be the controller.
Thanks in advance for your advice.

It might be worth a firmware refresh. I would start with the remote.
in the meantime, you might try calibrations at some other locations just to see if it possibly solves the problem. Best of luck

I have calibrated the compass in an open field with no metal close by. When I point the radar arrow at the home point the drone flies at 90 degrees away from the home point. The same thing happens if I set the home point to be the controller.
Thanks in advance for your advice.
This could be an indication that the compass in your mobile device (not your AC) needs to be calibrated. That is what we normally advise when similar questions come up.

Since your + controller runs on Android, perhaps try to calibrate it’s compass and see if it helps. I don’t have one, but I’ve read here in the past that in "system settings" there is an option called "calibrate compass.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt KO
Your description is confusing.
It would help if you could post a screenshot to show what you mean.
Like this one which shows the Phantom out to the left of the pilot and pointing toward home.
i-mBDWz9M-M.jpg

Can you fly out 2-300 feet directly in front of the home point and turn the drone back to face home and get a screenshot from the controller to show what the display looks like?

Thanks for the suggestions.
Because of COVID 19, my flying locations are limited. I'll try to find a big open space and do what you suggest.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic