Compass, GPS, or Naza problem? telemetry gone crazy

Reaction score
Hi guys! hope you can help me on this one.

I've got a Phantom 2 with a H3-3D gimbal, IOSD mini and black pearl fpv. Been flying for about an year with no problems at all.
Suddenly I've got it out of the case and start getting strange reading on the iosd telemetry.
It seemed that the craft was yawing all the time and slowly drifting away according to IOSD, but I haven't even taken off yet!
I thought the compass got magnetised or something, tried everything to calibrated, even though the values on Phantom assistant were ok, nothing changed. So I changed the compass with a new one with no luck. Then i changed the GPS, still having the same problem.
I'm thinking the Naza would be the next step, but really don´t know If I should keep on throwing money away trying to solve it out.
I´ve made a video so you can clearly see what´s happening.

did this happen to any of you?
any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Francisco

I notice that at the end you only have six sats. You do realize that GPS is only guaranteed accurate to 7.8 meters?
I don't recall the app, but you should check the GPS quality. Home point for me is usually within two meters of where I took off.

I notice that at the end you only have six sats. You do realize that GPS is only guaranteed accurate to 7.8 meters?
I don't recall the app, but you should check the GPS quality. Home point for me is usually within two meters of where I took off.

If I leave it for a while it goes more than 10m in just a couple of minutes, and keeps going.

Hi guys! hope you can help me on this one.

I've got a Phantom 2 with a H3-3D gimbal, IOSD mini and black pearl fpv. Been flying for about an year with no problems at all.
Suddenly I've got it out of the case and start getting strange reading on the iosd telemetry.
It seemed that the craft was yawing all the time and slowly drifting away according to IOSD, but I haven't even taken off yet!
I thought the compass got magnetised or something, tried everything to calibrated, even though the values on Phantom assistant were ok, nothing changed. So I changed the compass with a new one with no luck. Then i changed the GPS, still having the same problem.
I'm thinking the Naza would be the next step, but really don´t know If I should keep on throwing money away trying to solve it out.
I´ve made a video so you can clearly see what´s happening.

did this happen to any of you?
any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Francisco

There wasn't anything wrong with the telemetry and it was normal :) until you decided the change the home point with S2. :eek: :rolleyes:

Same thing happens when I start the motors.

As I said there's nothing wrong with your iOSD telemetry. It's normal. Here's one of mine.

Yes, it's working normally. As the Phantom is at the home point, what you are seeing is the margin of error in the GPS location services.

Try starting the Phantom motors (without props), switch to ATTI mode, give it some throttle so it's in "flight mode" and not idling.. pick it up and move 10 meters away and put it down.. you should see the home point is now registering correctly on the IOSD.

Why reset the home point before you fly it ?

Yes, it's working normally. As the Phantom is at the home point, what you are seeing is the margin of error in the GPS location services.

Try starting the Phantom motors (without props), switch to ATTI mode, give it some throttle so it's in "flight mode" and not idling.. pick it up and move 10 meters away and put it down.. you should see the home point is now registering correctly on the IOSD.

Why reset the home point before you fly it ?

I´ll give this a try!

I reset the home point just to be sure it has been recorded.

thank you!!!

Francisco

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20