Compass error. Compass error continually.

Reaction score
Hello everybody. Ph4 Pro +. The compass error is constantly settling. Nothing helps. Probably I Magnetized the compasses on a trip to the sea when I started the drone from the yacht.Give advice please. - It is better to change the compasses or demagnetize a special device (is called a Cfixer) ? Who used it?

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
Hello everybody. Ph4 Pro +. The compass error is constantly settling. Nothing helps. Probably I Magnetized the compasses on a trip to the sea when I started the drone from the yacht.Give advice please. - It is better to change the compasses or demagnetize a special device (is called a Cfixer) ? Who used it?

Before we go too far, please help us understand your situation. You continue to get compass errors regardless of where you attempt to fly? Why do you believe your drone was magnetized while you were on a yacht? Changing the compass would be a last resort if all else fails. There are other solutions to try first.

Reactions: sar104
What do you mean by Probably I Magnetized the compasses on a trip to the sea when I started the drone from the yacht ?
Simply starting the Phantom on a yacht shouldn't cause a problem.
What exactly did you do?
Rather than making assumptions that could be invalid, it would be a good idea to find out what the actual cause of the issue is.
When the compass calibration fails every time, the reason is usually that the compass is disconnected.
First thing to check is what the compasses are telling you.
Go into the app settings and look at Sensors section and see what's there.
i-PJf6hCH-M.png

Before we go too far, please help us understand your situation. You continue to get compass errors regardless of where you attempt to fly? Why do you believe your drone was magnetized while you were on a yacht? Changing the compass would be a last resort if all else fails. There are other solutions to try first.
Yes. The compass error appears 1 minute after take-off. The error always appears. I ordered this device - Cfixer. I'll soon receive a package

What do you mean by Probably I Magnetized the compasses on a trip to the sea when I started the drone from the yacht ?
Simply starting the Phantom on a yacht shouldn't cause a problem.
What exactly did you do?
Rather than making assumptions that could be invalid, it would be a good idea to find out what the actual cause of the issue is.
When the compass calibration fails every time, the reason is usually that the compass is disconnected.
First thing to check is what the compasses are telling you.
Go into the app settings and look at Sensors section and see what's there.
i-PJf6hCH-M.png

The interference level of both compasses in the red zone. The calibration does not help.

Yes. The compass error appears 1 minute after take-off. The error always appears. I ordered this device - Cfixer. I'll soon receive a package

Thank you for clarifying your situation.

The interference level of both compasses in the red zone. The calibration does not help.

While I'm somewhat sceptical that time spent on a boat could have created the problem you're having, IF your compass was somehow affected by a strong magnetic field resulting in lasting compass errors that can't be resolved through calibration, then the Cfixer may correct that problem. There have been a number of successful reports of correcting compass errors by using that device. However, if the problem was caused by something other than a strong magnetic field, I doubt the Cfixer will help. I hope the problem is resolved easily and soon. Good luck.

While I'm somewhat sceptical that time spent on a boat could have created the problem you're having, IF your compass was somehow affected by a strong magnetic field resulting in lasting compass errors that can't be resolved through calibration, then the Cfixer may correct that problem. There have been a number of successful reports of correcting compass errors by using that device. However, if the problem was caused by something other than a strong magnetic field, I doubt the Cfixer will help. I hope the problem is resolved easily and soon. Good luck.
Good. Thank you so much. I read about this device. I'll write as soon as I solve my problem = (

I bought this device. It really helps. Now I have no problems with the magnetization of the compass.

I bought this device. It really helps. Now I have no problems with the magnetization of the compass.
If only it would have gotten rid of the SPIN , that is the most frustrating part , especially on a boat . How often are you using this now. ?

While trying to capture a storm rolling in off the lake, I hit a compass error after flying 2 ft of the Pier. I was not able to recover the compass error until I was off the pier.
Watch how fast that compass error happens as I try to get over the metal bars. As soon as I get the Cfixer Im going back to see if I can not negotiate it better. Audio went out on the camera filming.
Approved Vendor : Phantomrain.org

Grounded by Compass Error that I could not get past. CFIXER might help :

While trying to capture a storm rolling in off the lake, I hit a compass error after flying 2 ft of the Pier. I was not able to recover the compass error until I was off the pier.
Whatever it is that you are trying to demonstrate, it's not coming through with that video.

If you think there is a problem with the compass, you have the wrong idea.
Your compass is fine but it looks like you chose a very bad location to launch.
Never launch from steel or reinforced concrete surfaces.
That's just asking for trouble (and your compass was warning you of that).

Whatever it is that you are trying to demonstrate, it's not coming through with that video.

If you think there is a problem with the compass, you have the wrong idea.
Your compass is fine but it looks like you chose a very bad location to launch.
Never launch from steel or reinforced concrete surfaces.
That's just asking for trouble (and your compass was warning you of that).

Yeah I appreciate it, , but I was very aware of what I was trying to do. I wanted that worst day to try to take off that pier and I found it. Will try again soon on the next storm Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna