compass calibration mode

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time getting my Phantom 1 into the compass calibration mode. Sometimes it takes me ten or fifteen times before I reach the mode. Very frustrating, because I'm wasting all that battery time. I've come across one other user on the DJI Owners Facebook page that as run into this problem and he doesn't know what the problem is either. The only mod I've made to the Phantom is to upgrade the PC board in preparation for the Zen Muse Gimbal installation. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas on what could be causing this? By the way, the search engine on this forum is really hard to use.

I try to calibrate the compass every time I fly, however it won't let me calibrate the compass because it will not go into calibration mode. If I keep working at it after ten or fifteen tries it will sometimes transition into the mode but it takes a lot work and in the meantime my batteries are running down. :?

Well, I've read a couple of versions of this. Some people say they calibrate the compass every flight. Some like you say not. I have been flying even though I can't get into "compass calibration" mode, and so far so good. That being said it would be nice to calibrate when I want. I have had one fly-away with my GoPro attached that I was unable to account for. I got all my equipment back okay but now I'm superstitious. :lol:

Problem solved! :D On the DJI video, Colin describes the way to enter the "compass calibration" as switching between GPS mode and ATTI mode 'quickly". The term "quickly" being both relative and subjective. I was doing it quickly all right, REALLY quickly. It turns out I had to slow it down to a steady beat with about 1/2 second between switch positions. Once I did that I was able to enter the "compass calibration" mode consistently every time.

Yes.. I had the same problem.. I was trying to calibrate like Colin... Click, click, click, click-- really fast, 8 or 10 times.. I thought I had broken the switch as it wouldn't go into calibration mode.
Turns out, I guess from an upgrade, you only need click it 6 times.. And a lot slower.. By that, I mean about 2 clicks per second..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT