Company offerimg me job, need advise

Looks on the up and up to me. He asks for your name, address, and phone #, whether you are a pilot and what type of drone you fly. All easily searchable information (except for the model of drone you fly).
I'd say it is safe.
Others here fear much, and will advise against you ever letting anyone know ANYTHING about you.
Shrugs.

Looks on the up and up to me. He asks for your name, address, and phone #, whether you are a pilot and what type of drone you fly. All easily searchable information (except for the model of drone you fly).
I'd say it is safe.
Others here fear much, and will advise against you ever letting anyone know ANYTHING about you.
Shrugs.
I think i rather pass. Page is solid, guys was profecional.
Its just a big red flag to me that he didnt ask anything about me and that i cant fimd anything on the company

Reactions: 750r
That is something I would run from signing a contract is not a good idea . You should be doing work as a sub your doing 90% of the work all they are doing is hustling up the work .

Kindly decline the offer and move along.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Page looks pretty solid asfar as that goes

BetterView

If you guys wana check it out
Here's the website owner's info, in case you want to dig further:

First Name: David
Last Name: Lyman
Adress: 1250 Jones St., Unit 1402
City: San Francisco
Date Created: Fri Dec 2014 12:28:01
Expiry date: Mon Dec 2016 12:28:01

sounds like a scam to me.
enter at your own risk.

I'd say it is safe.
Shrugs.

I cannot argue your point. But, he really should weigh the pros and cons. We live in a very litigious society and the offer has a lot of liability with a low pay off. The decision is his, and good luck with whatever the decision will be. But he did ask what others thought.

Reactions: Jorgejim90
I cannot argue your point. But, he really should weigh the pros and cons. We live in a very litigious society and the offer has a lot of liability with a low pay off. The decision is his, and good luck with whatever the decision will be. But he did ask what others thought.
To be clear, I was not commenting on the merits or business ethics of the company, only that it looks legit.
I wouldn't sign up with them, however.

I would send a screen shot of the footage on the video editor and say, "money first, footage to follow; thanks for understanding". Then if you get paid you can send the video.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have also been in contact with BetterView regarding a roof inspection job in my area. Everything seems legit and pretty straight forward after talking with the representative a few times on the phone and emailing back and forth with them.

I'm Really interested in hearing a testimonial from someone who has flown for them in the past.

As I posted earlier on this subject - they are likely legit - but don't forget they are just "sub-contracting" you out (at that time once you accept the work - you will be considered a "commercial pilot" and as such will have to set up a business). Then all the expenses as to your bird, your time, your vehicle etc. will all be on you, plus the most important thing is it will be up to you to carry "Liability Insurance" in case of any accident resulting in property damage or personal injury to anyone while filming (likely a minimum of $1 million/per event coverage). They will be raking in most of the dough while you carry most of the cost of doing business. If anything happens it will be on you - including any issues with your bird. Good luck!

Tried following instructions from another person who had same problem:

the problem: your RC, the fix: connect your tablet to the RC and go into the DJI App, i know this sounds weird but it worked: press the shutter button downward while simultaneously pressing the C1 and C2 and the record button (the red dot one), while pressing all of those, turn on your remote control...yes you have enough fingers to do it...your remote will then light white (instead of the usual red blue or green)...now go to the HOME page on the app, and press on the Academy button (the one on the HOME screen of the app not the camera view, that looks like a gradutation hat...press on this and keep pressing while counting to 10 sec...a black page will appear, it will tell you the version of the RC and below it in red it will say retreiving latest firmware update... for me, it took me 10 times to this whole process until i connected to their servers...i downloaded the 1.5 version of the RC, it stuck, gave it 40 min, then turned down the remote...then turned on the aircraft and the RC together, the RC then gave me the update request on the apps camera view, i updated it through the app, and VOILA !! now it works !!...PS: i tried all the other ways that the esteemed DJI friends we have on this page proposed, and nothing worked... the above DJI way was the only way that brought back my Phantom

I was excited because I got everything he got but I'm unfortunately not able to select download. Below is a screenshot of what I got. Yes I'm connected to the internet with it.
upload_2016-5-8_20-21-15.png

Just some knowledge to share, I completed a set of 5 orders for BetterView over the past week and submitted the images late Sunday evening. Payment cleared my bank account by this morning (less than 48 hours or 2 business days). Very easy to deal with and if you are reasonably familiar with automated missions as well as having good low-level flying skills and a basic understanding of how the images are being used.

Ah yes, the secret shopper job applicant Craigslist scam. Nothing good ever becomes of this one. And they get your identity info too.

Don't do it.

Ah yes, the secret shopper job applicant Craigslist scam. Nothing good ever becomes of this one. And they get your identity info too.

Don't do it.

...not sure where all this fits in...

Last edited:
Ignorance is bliss...

I provided no secret info to them that isn't publicly searchable, but I did get paid promptly for the services contracted for. It's not hard work for the money, no post-processing required, just take good, clear pictures and run the DroneDeploy mission as detailed and you're good to go.
The comment was about Craiglist, not Betterview. allow me to bold that for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav