Company offerimg me job, need advise

Reaction score
BetterView

Guys i posted an ad on craigslist to try my luck on real estate photography.
So here goes.
I got a call from a guy says he is in sanfrancisco and needs roof photography inspection for insurance purposes in my city.
I ask him sounds fine who do i see or meet with here. He says no one, gives me a url to apply with them and theyll send me the check.
Heres the funny thing, never asked me age, never asked me if i had my 333, if i had a pilot license, if am legal to work, what exact equipment i use, to even know if its worth for me to apply.
The company page seems solid but i dont find anything on them online.
Bottom line i just dont want to send my private info to someone god know where.

Anyone have any experiance on this?

No experience with this but....you would be taking a huge risk sending any personal info to them.

That and it's not their responsibility whether you have your ducks in a row.
Good luck!

This is the caller ID.
Stil not sure what to make of it

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-14-13-58-49-1.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-14-13-58-49-1.png
    134.9 KB · Views: 634
That and it's not their responsibility whether you have your ducks in a row.
Good luck!
O can understand that but i just dont see how he wouldnt even bother to ask a few questions and see if i even meet the criteria, and not only that but not even a heads up " hey make sure you got your 333 and license etc"

Better View - your last comment says it all "Bottom line i just dont want to send my private info to someone god know where"! If you can't find anything on them as to satisfying your own "gut feel" - stay away would be my choice.

Better View - your last comment says it all "Bottom line i just dont want to send my private info to someone god know where"! If you can't find anything on them as to satisfying your own "gut feel" - stay away would be my choice.
Yeah thats pretty much what am gana end up doing, just staying away.
I kinda want to put my self in a scammers position thou, what are they after.. i guess just private info

Too much anonymity for me. If you can't verify who they are, then stay away from them. Especially since they are out of state.

Its a total scam or some fraudulent act.Anyone can build a solid looking site that looks legitimate.They probably do need some work done but how are you going to get paid ? Oh the check is in the mail type deal ! If your having 2nd thoughts and asking questions then you already know what you should do !Now that the quadcopter / drone thing has exploded theres so many new types of scams going on and this is one of them !
RUN FOREST RUN ....

Reactions: Draco
Its a total scam or some fraudulent act.Anyone can build a solid looking site that looks legitimate.They probably do need some work done but how are you going to get paid ? Oh the check is in the mail type deal ! If your having 2nd thoughts and asking questions then you already know what you should do !Now that the quadcopter / drone thing has exploded theres so many new types of scams going on and this is one of them !
RUN FOREST RUN ....
True man. I guess i was just hopping some one out there would have come across this

"He says no one, gives me a url to apply with them and theyll send me the check."

Send me the check. If you question my veracity, you can check out my website here:

The White House

Let me guess, it's a direct deposit check.

T

True man. I guess i was just hopping some one out there would have come across this
If you have all of your ducks in a row as far as all that is needed to do commercial work and to earn income start hitting up every real estate company's etc that need some kind of Arial services done.That way you know who you are dealing with direct and in the same city so when its time to be paid you know where to go_Once you have gained trust and friendship with such companies you can email them a invoice and wait a few days for a nice check waiting to deposited. I have a few companies already lined up and will be on board as soon as i can get verified the go. I am sure the new guys like me that got a quadcopter not long ago had the thought of making money with it and that was probably the whole intention in purchasing one.Why not ..... There's great revenue to be made with one and it takes a short amount of time to pay for its self.

My point is this: Even if he gave you a URL address, it doesn't mean the website is his, and besides, a good scam starts with a website.

Out of curiousity, what was he going to pay?

T
He mentions about 20 buildings every 2 weeks and pay was 60 usd per building.

So these guys are searching for drone operator ads offering their services as to photos, videos etc. They then take your info and contact you and offer you a job. Well not really a job - they are sub-contracting you out and it doesn't cost them a dime or very little.

Essentially it's your equipment, time, overhead etc. that = your $$, your risk of personal injury and/or equipment damage (quad), property damage or worse injury to someone else. Since they will be "subbing" you out on jobs it will be up to YOU to carry your own commercial liability insurance coverage - and that won't be cheap!

Too many questions to ask and likely not enough answers from them. Looking at their site from the link you posted - and it looks legit (but anyone can build a website). I noticed their charge out rate begins at $150.00 - must be a minimum charge - so you collect $60.00 and they pick up $90.00 just for sending you info on where to go and preparing the vids etc. you send them for their customers (done in someone's garage or basement).

If you are seriously investigating doing aerial photography/videos as a business - then set up a business, get liability insurance and any workers protection required (not sure of what you need in the USA) - but commercial liability insurance is a must! Then go ahead, advertise and work for yourself!

Like I said Jorgejim90 - as a subcontractor - YOU carry all the risk - so why not assume the risk working for yourself! Best of luck with whatever decision you make.

Reactions: Draco and GoodnNuff
So these guys are searching for drone operator ads offering their services as to photos, videos etc. They then take your info and contact you and offer you a job. Well not really a job - they are sub-contracting you out and it doesn't cost them a dime or very little.

Essentially it's your equipment, time, overhead etc. that = your $$, your risk of personal injury and/or equipment damage (quad), property damage or worse injury to someone else. Since they will be "subbing" you out on jobs it will be up to YOU to carry your own commercial liability insurance coverage - and that won't be cheap!

Too many questions to ask and likely not enough answers from them. Looking at their site from the link you posted - and it looks legit (but anyone can build a website). I noticed their charge out rate begins at $150.00 - must be a minimum charge - so you collect $60.00 and they pick up $90.00 just for sending you info on where to go and preparing the vids etc. you send them for their customers (done in someone's garage or basement).

If you are seriously investigating doing aerial photography/videos as a business - then set up a business, get liability insurance and any workers protection required (not sure of what you need in the USA) - but commercial liability insurance is a must! Then go ahead, advertise and work for yourself!

Like I said Jorgejim90 - as a subcontractor - YOU carry all the risk - so why not assume the risk working for yourself! Best of luck with whatever decision you make.

Exactly as explained above.
What personal info did he ask for? Address, name and phone? I give that out all the time....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4