Coming into land wobble

Reaction score
Hi all. Have been really enjoying my p3s since getting it at Christmas. I knew I was getting it a few weeks before so had plenty of time to read up as much as possible before flying.

Everything seems to be going according to plan so far apart from something I have observed two or three times that most probably isn't anything to worry about.

If I use the RTH to come in and land I have noticed on decent at some points a bit of a wobble as opposed to being smooth. I don't think it's wind and flying with the contoller seems fine too. I was thinking maybe it's just the drone trying to make minor alterations to its positioning with GPS. Has anyone else noticed this?

Hi all. Have been really enjoying my p3s since getting it at Christmas. I knew I was getting it a few weeks before so had plenty of time to read up as much as possible before flying.

Everything seems to be going according to plan so far apart from something I have observed two or three times that most probably isn't anything to worry about.

If I use the RTH to come in and land I have noticed on decent at some points a bit of a wobble as opposed to being smooth. I don't think it's wind and flying with the contoller seems fine too. I was thinking maybe it's just the drone trying to make minor alterations to its positioning with GPS. Has anyone else noticed this?
If your talking just a foot or two above ground, that could be ground affect.

No not that low. I normally cancel RTH at shoulder height and catch land. Noticed wobble more like about 10 or 15 metres up.
Than it's probably like you said, "minor alterations to its positioning with GPS".

Reactions: BigR1979
If it is just a very small wobble it is normal for hover type aircraft. Without being technically boring it has to do with it descending into it's own "wake", so to speak. A much more severe case is called Vortex Ring State or something like that. Google it.

If it is just a very small wobble it is normal for hover type aircraft. Without being technically boring it has to do with it descending into it's own "wake", so to speak.

Ah yes didn't think about defending into own wake yes could well be that. It's not causing problems and it's only minor anyway so I'll just carry on as I am.

I guess I haven't noticed, because I am usually making my own minor adjustments to land where I want. The RTH is good to within 10ft maybe. But, I always give it a little help.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic