Come on and wiggle with me!

I'm with Numone ...

My P3P does not sit perfectly still in hover. The concrete OP is flying over is not easy for VPS to use. GPS is not mm accurate ... all in all ... AC will wander a bit ... mine does anyway and seems Numone similar.

Risking **** and Damnation : I have tried in the past putting Controller down and leaving AC to hover ... done it with P3S and P3P .... neither stayed in the hover long enough for me to ignore ... they both wandered and went up / down maintaining position within a 'bubble' of about 3+ft diameter.

Nigel

As stated earlier VPS was off. My P4 hovered much better even with all the sensors off. The biggest problem I have with the hovering has much less to do with the wandering which exceeds at times, what you would expect from GPS accuracy +- 3' or so but a shudder or wiggle if you will that actually upsets the gimble which will sometimes jiggle like jello. I've seen SOME of this in video taken from the drone. Not much but SOME. Unfortunately the videos don't show this shuddering / vibration well at all.... Also if this is normal why would both the chat support, and the DJI developers the support tech sent it to, respond that this is NOT normal. They watched the same exact videos posted here. They are already aware the AC is still under warranty so the excuse of accusing DJI of attempting to make $$ off repairs is null at this point.

Reactions: BigAl07
As stated earlier VPS was off. My P4 hovered much better even with all the sensors off. The biggest problem I have with the hovering has much less to do with the wandering which exceeds at times, what you would expect from GPS accuracy +- 3' or so but a shudder or wiggle if you will that actually upsets the gimble which will sometimes jiggle like jello. I've seen SOME of this in video taken from the drone. Not much but SOME. Unfortunately the videos don't show this shuddering / vibration well at all.... Also if this is normal why would both the chat support, and the DJI developers the support tech sent it to, respond that this is NOT normal. They watched the same exact videos posted here. They are already aware the AC is still under warranty so the excuse of accusing DJI of attempting to make $$ off repairs is null at this point.
Right, as you previously said, it's a pre-owned unit that's still under DJI warranty, so send it for repair and I said, I'm interested to hear the outcome and if they fix the "wiggle".

DJI has warrantied the AC and is repairing and returning. I'm guessing they'll send me another AC as they did with my P4 and many others have discovered that they ship new back and refurb our old ones. Sooo I'm guessing I'm not crazy since they said it's covered under warranty. There must have been something there for them to see that video couldn't show you guys. I know i saw some odd behavior in hover.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94