Cold temperature flight.

Reaction score
Wanted to test a an original Phantom 2 battery that was sold to me as not holding charge. Temperature outside was 0 degrees F. So I sent it up about 130 feet and parked it. Thought I might get a couple of minutes flight and maybe my GoPro 3+ might function. Wow, I kept it up for 10 min with 53% battery left before I started down, about 11 minutes by the time I landed. The GoPro preformed flawlessly with no jello, I'll post a few clips later this evening. I've got a bunch of Phantoms including the latest and greatest but I still love my P2.

Attachments

• Fairbanks zero F.jpg
    Fairbanks zero F.jpg
    669.5 KB · Views: 200
Reactions: Mark The Droner
Wanted to test a an original Phantom 2 battery that was sold to me as not holding charge. Temperature outside was 0 degrees F. So I sent it up about 130 feet and parked it. Thought I might get a couple of minutes flight and maybe my GoPro 3+ might function. Wow, I kept it up for 10 min with 53% battery left before I started down, about 11 minutes by the time I landed. The GoPro preformed flawlessly with no jello, I'll post a few clips later this evening. I've got a bunch of Phantoms including the latest and greatest but I still love my P2.
Can’t beat the older P2 units, I’ve got 3 phantom 2 vision quads and still enjoy flying them

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Nothing wrong with that P2 battery to get that flight time in cold weather!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20