CloudCityDrones. Anyone deal with them?

Shoot4fun

Drone bum...
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to order parts to repair crash damage. CloudCityDrones says they're a dji authorized dealer. Need some info if anyone has any!
Thanks in advance!
Brad
Edit: Yeah, I know. Use search option. Duh. Found what I needed to know. Disregard this post... ?

Reactions: Shoot4fun
I've never ordered from them, but they are on DJI's list of authorized dealers.
Thanks for the info! I'm debating using them right now. The crash was pretty hard on my gimbal. Need some basic parts first to see what other stuff is damaged and I don't want to waste money/time with junk parts. Flat ribbon cable is just over half price thru CCD as another DJI authorized dealer, so I'm sceptical...

Flat ribbon cable is just over half price thru CCD as another DJI authorized dealer, so I'm sceptical...
Got links so we can see what you're comparing?

How do you find parts? I don’t see a “search” function.
I did a Google search and it was one of the results. Went to their (CCD)website and couldn't look it up. There's a supposed dji authorized dealer on Amazon priced at $60. The CCD is priced at $29. I haven't figured out how to get a link on here yet! Lemme do some fiddlin and see if I can get it.

I wouldn't suggest using prices on Amazon to determine whether or not a confirmed authorized DJI dealer is a trustworthy seller. The price of the Amazon cable you linked above has fluctuated over the past couple of months -- as shown here:

Cables can be found for even less than CCD's price -- like here on eBay.

And it also says OEM at the top of the page and unbranded/generic in the description.(on the eBay link) I'm hearing too many say those are junk. Price fluctuations are meaningless when you need it. I want the part that works. Don't care where it comes from as long as it fits and does its job. I also don't want to pay double if theres no reason other than greed. I'm not opposed to aftermarket, so long as fit and function are as good as OEM. Doesn't seem to be the case where this cable is concerned, from what I've read here and in other forums. I'm not trying to be pissy. I'd rather not waste money if there's no beer involved. Again, I don't want to give the impression I'm overly educated. Quite the opposite in fact, where this stuff is concerned. I do want to fix my bird. I do want my bird to fly as it's intended. I don't expect it to never fail. But I'd like to reduce the risk as much as possible. I apologize if I'm being grumpy. It's a genetic defect I inherited from my father... ?

Last edited:
One thing I forgot about.
Depending on order total, they may ship with a signature required.
That can be an issue depending on whether someone is home to sign for the package.

One thing I forgot about.
Depending on order total, they may ship with a signature required.
That can be an issue depending on whether someone is home to sign for the package.
I'll keep that in mind. Ain't never nobody home around my house. Wish I was there now, in fact ?

Thanks for the info! I'm debating using them right now. The crash was pretty hard on my gimbal. Need some basic parts first to see what other stuff is damaged and I don't want to waste money/time with junk parts. Flat ribbon cable is just over half price thru CCD as another DJI authorized dealer, so I'm sceptical...
I sent my Phantom 4 to them for repair. They kept me informed by email, when it arrived, how the work was progressing, and when they sent it back. I was completely satisfied.

I repair drones and buy from them frequently. They are straight up and honest. I've had only one parts order arrive with a misfire and they made it right in two days on their dime - no questions asked. If they can't get a part from DJI, they will indicate it's not OEM. These will be parts they have found through experience to be reliable. By experience, I mean they keep 4 full-time techs busy doing drone repairs. I've never gotten a bum steer from CCD. Be fearless! Ask for Jordan - he knows what he's talking about: 401.681.4112

Danny McCarty
San Antonio

I repair drones and buy from them frequently. They are straight up and honest. I've had only one parts order arrive with a misfire and they made it right in two days on their dime - no questions asked. If they can't get a part from DJI, they will indicate it's not OEM. These will be parts they have found through experience to be reliable. By experience, I mean they keep 4 full-time techs busy doing drone repairs. I've never gotten a bum steer from CCD. Be fearless! Ask for Jordan - he knows what he's talking about: 401.681.4112

Danny McCarty
San Antonio
Sweet! Thanks!
Brad

I used them on a P4 gimbal arm repair. They replaced the gimbal arm (instead of trying to sell me an entire gimbal assembly as some others tried to do). Decent communications and no subsequent issues with the repair.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.