Close...very close. Lots of silly errors!

Reaction score
So..today I made some real errors and nearly lost the bird.

First Flight...I forgot to clear the sd card so while in the air got memory card full.....can you delete files from the DJI GO app without landing?

So...Landed....formated card and put her back up.....I knew it was just below 50% battery but I thought I would get another a little whirl as such a nice day...

Anyhow few mins into flight critical battery warning autoland commencing!

I was way in the mountains in some snowy rocky mountainous terrain!....Short Panic...I managed to fly her back to me and caught it...

Anyhow...it still had over 30% on catching it.

Put new battery in and had a great flight.

So I know I made some mistakes and yes I should have not taken off with under 50% but seems pretty strange to commence auto landing?

Rest of the day went perfect and caught some great footage.

I really had a steep learning day!

Below is the flight

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

If you had a 2nd battery, you should've just used that, not the 50%-er
There are SO many known issues with taking off less than ~85-90 percent.

Not fully charged and presumably COLD batteries are just asking for it.

Anyhow...it still had over 30% on catching it.
30% battery is about the level when you should be landing. You took off at 43% battery, so you were nearly already there on takeoff.

I'm assuming your battery voltage was very low due to the low battery level and steep incline shortly after takeoff. If you upload your log here instead, you'll be able to see more detailed battery information.

How long you took to format SD after you landed? If it was just a few seconds and back in air then battery should've stayed warm enough to avoid cold battery low power situation.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

30% battery is about the level when you should be landing. You took off at 43% battery, so you were nearly already there on takeoff.

I'm assuming your battery voltage was very low due to the low battery level and steep incline shortly after takeoff. If you upload your log here instead, you'll be able to see more detailed battery information.
Do I download the log from the P3A?

Can you delete files from the go app?
No AFAIK

Just looked at the log; looks like you were traveling too fast and the battery protection engaged because of a critical voltage error at 22secs. High % because even though overall charge is 30-ish %, one cell must have dropped to crit voltage, as seen in Power>BatteryCells in cell 1! Pretty high deviation, if you ask me...

Kbrembo,
Here's what you might want to remember.
While the battery electronics are "intelligent", they're not "genius".
There's a difference in battery voltage "loaded" and "unloaded".
Loaded is when you're flying, essentially and unloaded can be with the Phantom on, but the motors off or on the ground at idle for example.
The Phantom "Intelligent" electronics can only read raw peak voltage.

This might help if you care to know more....
LiPo: How low can you go? (voltage per cell) - RC Groups

I'm assuming your flying an advanced or pro, if you hit the play button (upper right on controller) it will allow you to view and delete files...I think?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl