Close call ?'s please

Reaction score
Happy Holiday to All ,! Had a close call with my vision 2 . A few questions . Do you need to do a compass cal every flight ? Is it possible for the aircraft to be unable to fight 20 MPH wind and return home from 300 feet up and 500 feet away ? My incident was just that . I went up on 60 % battery life iPhone showed lost connection so I turned transmitter off and it went into a returning home display . It seemed to fight the wind ; stay in its position 300 up 500 away then in 5 min saw those dreadful red lights flashing fast and heard warning tones . Fortunately the craft landed on a roof in a nearby school and the find my phantom proved valuable . Please explain the best thing to do in a lost connection scenario . FYI when I took off I had Green / red indications that gps was online . Thanks so much

Phil Suffolk NY said:
Happy Holiday to All ,! Had a close call with my vision 2 . A few questions . Do you need to do a compass cal every flight ? Is it possible for the aircraft to be unable to fight 20 MPH wind and return home from 300 feet up and 500 feet away ? My incident was just that . I went up on 60 % battery life iPhone showed lost connection so I turned transmitter off and it went into a returning home display . It seemed to fight the wind ; stay in its position 300 up 500 away then in 5 min saw those dreadful red lights flashing fast and heard warning tones . Fortunately the craft landed on a roof in a nearby school and the find my phantom proved valuable . Please explain the best thing to do in a lost connection scenario . FYI when I took off I had Green / red indications that gps was online . Thanks so much

1. My phantom goes red as soon as I go into failsafe. If yours does not, then I'm wondering if you are in failsafe at all!
2. Yes, if it IS in failsafe and has to fight 20mph wind, then it may not make it back.
3. I don't have the Vision so number 1 above may not apply to you....but I would look into it if you can!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20