Clip longer than five minutes

Reaction score
Yesterday I shot a steady fourteen minutes, never gone that long without a cut. Surprised to see that I ended up with three clips of no longer than five minutes each. When I tried to stitch together in GO4 I got a message that I can't do this due to some inherent limitation on what can be uploaded.

OK I get that, can't submit anything more than five minutes. But why can't I record something longer? I can always edit on my desktop and not worry about the GO4 editor. Is there a setting to avoid unwanted cuts in my video?

I use Adobe Premier to stitch them together. At the end, it runs smoothly and you won't know they were divided into files.

Yesterday I shot a steady fourteen minutes, never gone that long without a cut. Surprised to see that I ended up with three clips of no longer than five minutes each. But why can't I record something longer?
Perhaps you reached the ~4GB file limit and the Phantom split your video as you were recording it. In your case two splits to create three files of ~4GB or less?

Reactions: JoBe
Yesterday I shot a steady fourteen minutes, never gone that long without a cut. Surprised to see that I ended up with three clips of no longer than five minutes each. When I tried to stitch together in GO4 I got a message that I can't do this due to some inherent limitation on what can be uploaded.

OK I get that, can't submit anything more than five minutes. But why can't I record something longer? I can always edit on my desktop and not worry about the GO4 editor. Is there a setting to avoid unwanted cuts in my video?

The question is not how long clip (record time) can be recorded, but how big file (data size) can be recorded. As Oso said approx. 4GB/file.

Reactions: JoBe and Oso
Agreed - Oso is correct.
The Fat32 format limits all files to 4Gb max size segments.
Regardless of formatting as either FAT32 or exFAT, the Phantom will still split video files at ~4GB even though the exFat format itself allows larger files.
That is of course unless something has changed with the Phantom finally after several years of having a 4GB limit.

Reactions: JoBe and Eagle54

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl