Cleaning The Dust

Reaction score
Hey all

Sometimes we take off from a dusty place and i believe some dusts ends up inside our drones.

Is there a way of cleaning it out, with out opening the bird up?
If i point a hair dryer to the vents, will it do the job? That's how i used to clean my pc back in the days.

Any other ways?

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you get one of the "squeeze bulb" air blowers, you never have to worry about being out of compressed air. I have a Giottos Rocket Air Blaster (large model) and it works great. I bought it for my camera, but it should work just fine on your drone.
i-sX78DD5-S.png

If a compressed air can has warnings about "flamable" or "explosive" content, you should definitely skip it. I got one like this some time ago, and it left permanent marks on my laptop - started to dissolve plastic.

I got sand in my motors once from the beach, when I was hand turning the props you could feel and hear the grits of sand. I tried everything to remove the sand without using air. The fear is that the compressed air will push the sand/dust or dirt deeper into the components thus causing damage.
In my situation I had no choice, I blew out the sand and thankfully cleaned it right up.

I've opened up my drone and yes, there is a very thin layer of dust on the entire motherboard. Don't think it affects the overall operations though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna