christmas miracle

You should call the dealer you bought it from and work out a deal. They are out a more expensive product and you are losing flight time if you have to wait for a replacement.

I am with the "Call the Dealer" group. Your order may have been filled by a part-time temp worker hired to help with the Christmas rush. Most dealers have a small enough margin as it is.
But their mistake shouldn't cost you anything but time, tell them to send you a prepaid return label for the original order.

Two things - first check your credit card to be sure you know which one you paid for.

Second, I just went through the expensive process of getting a Quickrelease setup from Dronexpert so I could swap out my Vision + camera with a GoPro Hero 4 - the video quality of the 30 FPS 1080p camera of the vision + is not up to par for any kind of more serious videography. If you have a Phantom two, with your FPV setup, you could add a gimbal and a GPro 4 and have the best of both worlds.

I believe in bad luck.....just saying, I would notify them of their mistake, who knows it may not pay for them to send a call tag and they could tell you to keep it, then I would fly with a clear conscience

Maybe................ this is actually the KARMA, Goodluck/Badluck thing everyone is going on about in here.

rbhamilton said:
If it was any other company I'd say "do the right thing and return it" but in the case of DJI they are probably right this moment working on a way to actively screw us all with some faulty software release then blame us for flying our drones upside down. So ya... I'd say keep it! Nice to see a Phantom owner get a break now and again.

That would be your excuse, huh?

All these people so very ready to screw over the dealer that sold it. Distressing.

arich666 said:
Maybe................ this is actually the KARMA, Goodluck/Badluck thing everyone is going on about in here.

Says the person with "666" in his moniker.

:shock:

do what your heart tells you to do or your conscience.

in my opinion it is the right thing to return it and get what you actually paid for, regardless of the feelings of some of the people here in the forums about DJI.

would you return it and do the right thing if you knew it came from a little mom and pop shop that is struggling for every penny they make? then it shouldn't make a difference
how much money DJI has or not.

call them and tell them what happened. they might apologize for the inconvenience and tell you to keep it. then you will develop your own opinion about DJI
in either case of outcome instead of being influenced by any of these comments... including mine.

my 2c

wow thankyou everyone for the great advice il keep you posted. Please could anyone experienced answer my question in the p2+ forum I just posted I have a few questions. Many thanks Alex

wow thankyou everyone for the great advice il keep you posted. Please could anyone experienced answer my question in the p2+ forum I just posted I have a few questions. Many thanks Alex

If it's a dealer they make very little profit on those things. He lost several hundred dollars. I assure you. Not to mention the person who probably ordered a plus and got the phantom. Dealer has to lose on that deal too.

Karma..... it's real.

king156 said:
so I cant use my 5.8ghz fpv setup in the vision plus?
No you can not as it run via 5.8ghz; the same as you flightcontrole Tx frequency. Both contrles wiĺl likely interfere with each other. Btw, you do not need that fpv set-up anyway, as your p2v+ already has its own fpv set up using the 2.4mhz frequency.
Lucky you[SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

tritontr21 said:
If it's a dealer they make very little profit on those things. He lost several hundred dollars. I assure you. Not to mention the person who probably ordered a plus and got the phantom. Dealer has to lose on that deal too.

Karma..... it's real.

Aint this the truth.... I would have very little sympathy for a big retailer or DJI direct. But a mom and pops store couldnt do it. :oops:

Stealing is stealing. From Mom/Pop or from DJI.

If you read the other thread, you'll see that the OP broke that stolen Phantom on its second flight and is now wondering if he can return it and get his original Vision.

MacCool said:

If you read the other thread, you'll see that the OP broke that stolen Phantom on its second flight and is now wondering if he can return it and get his original Vision.
I have never seen anyone be so dishonest & act like it is the norm.

Larry L said:
MacCool said:

I have never seen anyone be so dishonest & act like it is the norm.
Others in this thread have expressed sentiments similar to his.

"Wow!! Bonus dude!!"

Too bad some have the mentality that others can always absorb the loss. As tempting as it would be to keep the higher end product as a result of the mistake, it's not the right thing to do. People do it every day though. Would the same person accept the lower priced quad when they paid for the better on. Hell No..but they will be the most vocal if they are the one getting screwed. I knew a guy in the past that would go to a big box store and be looking at power tools. He would open two boxes...one a high quality drill and one of low quality and switch the drills and boxes. Put them back on shelf only to come back later to purchase the low end box with better drill inside. He always figured someone owed him something. He worked in an iron shop as a welder and would steal supplies from work but if they made a mistake on his paycheck by one hour... he would raise hell to no end. People...huh? People that are thieves at heart will steal from you even under the veil of being your friend given the chance.

I think you forgot to add...... Merry Xmas ! :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20