Choosing a micro sd card. Overwhelming.

I'm not sure about compatibility with all of the DJI products, but I use Sandisk with my P3P with no issues. FYI, Costco has two 64 Gb micro SD cards for $40 on sale at our local store. Usually, the other stores have the same deals. I see on their online store that they are out of stock right now.

Had never had a problem with Samsung cards and I have about 15 of them including old one to new 64gb and 128gb for the phantom 3 and GoPro. I love my 128GB for the GoPro and scuba diving as I don't need to open the camera with wet hands etc to swap card.. she comes with me 100' under water all the time ;)

I also have like 2 Sandisk and no problem , have in mind that some of the sandisk use Samsung chips ... the biggest and leader of memory chips in the world...

No I don't work for Samsung ;) just like to share my experience as reliable cards SPEED I can't really give a opinion as I record in 1080p...

very important the source where you get the cards from as there are many fakes that tend to fail with just a few uses . I Was burn once and lost a lot of family vacation images and videos with a fake Samsung from eBay later to confirm it was a counterfeit. They have fake sandisk as well as many others and I had read reports of them in eBay , amazon and even newegg but coming from private sellers not actually from them but truth them...

Had never had a problem with Samsung cards and I have about 15 of them including old one to new 64gb and 128gb for the phantom 3 and GoPro. I love my 128GB for the GoPro and scuba diving as I don't need to open the camera with wet hands etc to swap card.. she comes with me 100' under water all the time ;)

I also have like 2 Sandisk and no problem , have in mind that some of the sandisk use Samsung chips ... the biggest and leader of memory chips in the world...

No I don't work for Samsung ;) just like to share my experience as reliable cards SPEED I can't really give a opinion as I record in 1080p...

very important the source where you get the cards from as there are many fakes that tend to fail with just a few uses . I Was burn once and lost a lot of family vacation images and videos with a fake Samsung from eBay later to confirm it was a counterfeit. They have fake sandisk as well as many others and I had read reports of them in eBay , amazon and even newegg but coming from private sellers not actually from them but truth them...
Thanks for the testimonial.

I have a Costco trip planned this week, I'll see what they have first!

Update: Sorry for the error, but I was at Costco today and the 2 pack of Sandisk 64Gb micro SD cards are actually $29.95, not $39.95 as I mentioned above. The price at our store is valid until 5/22.

Sounds like a U1 and not U3 card at that price, but still could be a decent deal if you are OK with it potentially not keeping up all the time or maybe only do photos and 1080p video.

You are correct, they are U1 V10. Not knowing about the different classes of card, had to look up the data. Thanks for the input.

Sandisk Card +1
And it's really worked quite well for me, also cost-effective, I got 64GB from Amazon.
to use the SD Card, there are some tips mentions in this article I think are very useful:

Dos
1. Use a high-quality SD card and card reader.
2. Turn down the power before you take out the SD card from digital camera or mobile phone.
3. Manage SD card with the help of reliable software.
4. Use antivirus software to scan the SD card regularly.
5. Put it in safe places and protect SD card from exterior damage such as fire, water and so on.
6. Format the card with proper software (rather than OS tools).
7. Backup your data timely on different devices.
8. Stop shooting before the card is full.

Don’ts
1. Forcefully unplug memory card from your computer.
2. Buy the wrong memory card type.
3. Keep using SD card when you see errors.
4. Expose the card to extreme temperatures.

It's necessary to check if the SD Card is not damaged or bad write before new write and import. Also Backup data in time.

Last edited:
I only use Sandisk Extreme Pro 32GB, change them every flight. I keep them in a credit card holder like the above poster. With an SD adapter I can also use these in two hand-held cameras I regularly use.
With a USB3.0 card reader these cards can transfer images/videos very quickly to my PC.
I have 7 of these cards, I had one go wrong after 10 months (wouldn't show up in P3, P4 or Win10PC) and Amazon replaced it without question.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj