Cheap nd filters for p4

Reaction score
A friend bought me a set of cheap nd filters for my p4 for Christmas. I was shocked by the price he paid for them, but I tried them out, a few days later. They are much heavier than the stock clear lens on the camera, but threaded right onto it. Upon start-up, my gimbal started freaking out. It violently jerked up and down, hitting the stop point a lot harder than I'd like. Quickly, I shut it down and replaced the lens with the original. On the next start up, everything was normal with the stock lens. I put the nd filters on after starting up and it was fine. As a control for this experiment, I tried it again another 2 times with the same results. Lesson learned. Don't buy cheap nd filters. I have no idea where he got them and I'd never consider asking him to exchange. It just seems in bad taste. At least I didn't waste my own money on useless stuff...well...today, anyway....

A friend bought me a set of cheap nd filters for my p4 for Christmas. I was shocked by the price he paid for them, but I tried them out, a few days later. They are much heavier than the stock clear lens on the camera, but threaded right onto it. Upon start-up, my gimbal started freaking out. It violently jerked up and down, hitting the stop point a lot harder than I'd like. Quickly, I shut it down and replaced the lens with the original. On the next start up, everything was normal with the stock lens. I put the nd filters on after starting up and it was fine. As a control for this experiment, I tried it again another 2 times with the same results. Lesson learned. Don't buy cheap nd filters. I have no idea where he got them and I'd never consider asking him to exchange. It just seems in bad taste. At least I didn't waste my own money on useless stuff...well...today, anyway....
Not sure which brand you got but I have a set of Bower filters.. these are cheaper than others but work really well for the work I do. I run the 4 almost 100 % but on super bright days Ill run the nd8.

Happy New Year.

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app

It boggles my mind how someone spends $1k on a bird then slap a $19 nd filter on her camera... actually same in terrestrial photographers spend $1ks on a Nikon or Cannon then put a filter on that came in a kit along with an airbrush lens cloth etc... might as well use windex to clean your lenses... Filters like the polar pro (and Bowen I believe, had good luck with some of those in th past) are optically ground... and well balanced throughout the entire surface of the filter...

In my industry, I really don't need filters because I won't be taking video for real estate inspections. I appreciated the gesture, though

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yeah, was thoughtful of your friend... better than a pair of socks or a tie... :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20