Cheap android device?

Reaction score
Like many iOS users in getting impatient. Looking to buy a cheap android device that fully supports the DJi pilot app. I want something that won't lag either. Any suggestions out there?

A lot of people are using the Nvidia Shield. While not so cheap, it'll give you good performance. And, you could always sell it later on eBay and get a good bit of your money back.

Last edited:
BestBuy was selling the Moto phone for $29, not large but it works, and once the IOS app is out it can be re-purposed as a music or video player. Other than that there is the Nexus 7 II (2013) that is available on ebay for around $150 or less.

F6Rider, that is cheap for a device that won't lag. I'm not sure it's possible to find a device that is cheap AND does not lag :)

Reactions: bbfpv
I have the $29 moto g which does work but also drops frames. I have an iPhone 6 plus so not going to spend anymore on tablets! DJI chat just said to me that the iOS app has been re submitted again so at least another 3 days. I'm happy to use the moto g for a while but DJI better sort this quickly!

I already have a MotoG and it works but is really too small you literally can' hardly operate all the functions.
I've ordered a Refurbished Nexus 7 2013 version (from Argos in UK) and it was a little over £100
I do have similar Sero 7 tablet by Hisense but I use that quite a lot for other stuff - and don't want it jiggling about in the case or accidentally left in the car when I wanted it in the house.
A useful thing to have anyway. I really don't think the nviidia shield is required just so you might get 0.010 seconds less lag.
It's an expensive gaming tablet and OTT to use as a monitor.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31